AR-15 Take down pin

AR-15 Take down pin

This is a discussion on AR-15 Take down pin within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; My Colt SP-1 has a bolt that runs through the front reciever piviot point. I would like to replace this with a quick push through ...

Thread: AR-15 Take down pin

AR-15 Take down pin

My Colt SP-1 has a bolt that runs through the front reciever piviot point. I would like to replace this with a quick push through pin that the later models use. Will this work ? Is the diameter different?
    It's just that the threaded bolt in place now is slowing down the take down / reassembly proceedure. ( i just watched "Jarhead" and like the speed of dissasembly portraied in the movie).
    When in doubt, wup it out....

VIP Member
    I don't know if this will answer your question entirely, but it does talk about the "small hole" and "big hole" recievers... AR-15 Upper Receiver Comparison and FAQ
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

I'm pretty sure it can be converted. I think I remember reading about this....its probably over on AR15.com - lots of stuff there (all kinds). I don't know all that much about specific guns - I know your SP-1 is old though. If your lower receiver has a provision for a detent and spring that is used with the regular takedown pins, theres no reason you shouldn't be able to switch it out. If it doesn't have those things there is probably a niche product that is your solution - maybe the KNS Precision push button take down pins would do it. Hope this helps a little.....

Austin

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    Sending you a PM.
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

"What does Marcellus Wallace LOOK like?"

Thanks...You guys rock...
    When in doubt, wup it out....

Links