My thoughts on a Glock 9mm for carry

This is a discussion on My thoughts on a Glock 9mm for carry within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Nicely stated It got me thinking... Actually I'm glad for the existence of .40 S&W for a variety of reasons. Like it or not, the ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My thoughts on a Glock 9mm for carry

Nicely stated

It got me thinking...
    Actually I'm glad for the existence of .40 S&W for a variety of reasons. Like it or not, the 9mm cartridge is satisfactory to most people (self included), but with very few exceptions, anything you can build in 9x19 you can change a couple parts and build it in .40 S&W. This creates a lot of affordable, quality pistols in a dirt common service caliber more effective than 9x19.
    Does anyone know if a 9x19 to .40 conversion is reliable for a Glock? Ive seen it before, but I dismissed it as a gimmick.

2. Remove Ads

40 to 9mm yes they work no 9mm to 40 would work due to differance in breech face size 40 is lot bigger so wont fit a 9mm breech face

Senior Member Array CombatEffective's Avatar
    I've had a Glock 27 for years, and I shoot it pretty well. My brother has a G17 first generation. Until I got the chance to shoot a Clarke Custom worked over Colt 9mm 1911, my brother's G17 shot better for me than any other centerfire handgun I had ever shot.

Over the years I have gone away from the Glock. I have gotten away from carrying my G27, and it used to be my constant carry gun when off duty.

I have even made statements as of late that I probably would never buy another Glock as I wanted to standardize around models I already owned.

I walked in the cop shop on Monday looking for a holster for my 4013 and to look at an AK. I ended up leaving with a NIB G19.

I can admit when I'm wrong.
    Shooters' Legacy

Special sections for S&W and Ruger

Never Say never it always bites ya.. Think i said at one time i would never buy a 500 didnt intrest me had the 454 well what can i say but

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK

Quote Originally Posted by Bud White
    Never Say never it always bites ya.. Think i said at one time i would never buy a 500 didnt intrest me had the 454 well what can i say but

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK

Yup, and since I have already broken my consolidation plan I'm free to buy an XD, right?

I wouldn't mind getting one of the 40 to 9mm conversion barrels for my G27.
    Shooters' Legacy

yep better get that XD

Question If there could be ONLY one....

Quote Originally Posted by CombatEffective
    I've had a Glock 27 for years, and I shoot it pretty well. Over the years I have gone away from the Glock. I have gotten away from carrying my G27, and it used to be my constant carry gun when off duty. I have even made statements as of late that I probably would never buy another Glock as I wanted to standardize around models I already owned.
    I love my Glock M27. I have several of the 9rd standard mags and a couple of the 10rd extensions, and three of the M22 high cap mags for back up. I had a Glock M30 sometime ago and loved that one too, except it was just a TAD bit "blocky" for my grip. However, I shot splendidly with it. I sold it to my favorite nephew and there have been a few times when I regretted the transaction. However, the kid IS in my will to get nearly my entire collection anyway, and it's a way to let him enjoy the legacy while I can still enjoy his enjoyment! LOL

I often wonder how the grunts who suffered thru the steaming jungles of the 'Nam would have felt towards the Glock M30 45ACP.

There have been times when my friends (well, the nonshooters) have put me to the QUESTION: If you could only have ONE handgun, which one? That's truly tough, but for durability, reliability and sheer effectiveness in what it is designed to do, I'd probably give the nod to a Glock M30 in 45ACP, with tritiums sights and several spare M21 mags. Especially if long term survival is the objective.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier762
    I love my Glock M27. I have several of the 9rd standard mags and a couple of the 10rd extensions, and three of the M22 high cap mags for back up. I had a Glock M30 sometime ago and loved that one too, except it was just a TAD bit "blocky" for my grip. However, I shot splendidly with it. I sold it to my favorite nephew and there have been a few times when I regretted the transaction. However, the kid IS in my will to get nearly my entire collection anyway, and it's a way to let him enjoy the legacy while I can still enjoy his enjoyment! LOL

I often wonder how the grunts who suffered thru the steaming jungles of the 'Nam would have felt towards the Glock M30 45ACP.

There have been times when my friends (well, the nonshooters) have put me to the QUESTION: If you could only have ONE handgun, which one? That's truly tough, but for durability, reliability and sheer effectiveness in what it is designed to do, I'd probably give the nod to a Glock M30 in 45ACP, with tritiums sights and several spare M21 mags. Especially if long term survival is the objective.

I'm liking the way the 19 feels in my hand. I may get a few of the A&G grip sleeves to put on some G23 mags to approximate the feel with my G27.
    Shooters' Legacy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links