Special report: Guns in Virginia (Virginian Pilot 4 parter)

This is a discussion on Special report: Guns in Virginia (Virginian Pilot 4 parter) within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Special report: Guns in Virginia | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com Hit the link, does not copy/paste well, too many links to see....

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

Special report: Guns in Virginia | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com

Hit the link, does not copy/paste well, too many links to see.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Why does the animation for the as labelled "Semi Automatic" pistol result in _THREE_ shots of seven for an individual trigger pull?
    The animation and the audio of how a gun fires is both incorrect and misleading for anyone who does not know how a gun (semi-automatic pistol) works or has handled one directly.

This animation and it's audio was the very first thing I noticed when the page loaded.
    I doubt I'm alone nor the last, and I wonder how many 'readers' would as I did stop there and not read further.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

VIP Member
    Not sure what Janq saw. When I clicked the button the trigger pulled 3 times, 3 shots fired. All in all, the first installment is fairly limited in what it puts out for information. If the next 3 installments follow the same as the first, then it was nothing more than a waste of space in the newspaper/website.

Archer,

What I saw is I click the trigger on the animation or the hear a gun shot link _once_ and the gun fires three times.
    It should fire just once. The trigger should not appear to cycle three times (does so VERY fast), it should cycle once for every click of my mouse...like how a semi-automatic pistol really does operate.
    Again to persons who know nothing about how firearms work as is the expected audience/viewer toward this animation then it should operate exactly as it does, and fire once per click not three times..or four time or two times...just once.

The animation is misleading.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

When I clicked on the triger it did shoot three times, so I clicked agin and watched closely.

The triger did go back three times, once for each round fired. unfortunately it happened so fast that it was hard to see and unless you watch closely, and even then if you have a slower Internet connection, it would appear to fire three times for each triger pull. The gotcha is that the graphic is pulling the triger three times for each mouse click.

I woudl say that it woudl make a great graphic for the anti-gunners as they could say it is accurate while they smile over the fact that it misleadingly makes it look like three rounds are going out for each trigger pull.

VIP Member
    We all know where this series of stories is going........just look at the first paragraph of part ONE & the intro for part two:

from part one:
    It's a simple device, really. By modern standards, downright basic. A metal tube. A tiny explosion. A bit of lead that zips through the air at 4,000 feet per second and rips a hole in nearly anything in its path .
    What's wrong with this paragraph? ....4000fps????? NO pistol shoots ANY projectile at anything even approaching that speed, for that matter VERY FEW rifles calibers even get that fast....But it makes them sound even more dangerous....It also goes to show that the author doesn't know dip about firearms.

intro for pt 2:
    In Virginia, firearms aren't a tough sell. Licensed gun sellers in the state have to run background checks on buyers. Unlicensed ones don't. Virtually anyone can walk into a gun show and walk away with a weapon hassle-free.
    Ahh, the old gun show loop-hole crap....
    I just went to the gun show in Richmond this weekend where I purchased TWO firearms from different vendors......Guess what? In BOTH cases I had to fill out the FFL forms & get the background checks done. So much for hassle free..........

I only noticed three different tables of people who were selling firearms that did NOT appear to be dealers. None of them had anything that would appeal to a BG. Most had a few person weapons, almost all were long guns. None of the sellers had any sign or other indication that they didn't require a background check to purchase.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

VIP Member
    Another clue to the bias is the mention of laughter during the lie-in on Lobby Day. It is well documented on tape that the laughter was at the horrendous singing of "We shall overcome" by one of the lie-in participants. And BTW that "lie-in" was a gun-control rally as part of lobbying to advance gun control -- NOT a memorial service.

There is a comment feature on the WEB site. Some of this discussion might be well needed there.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Links