Defensive Carry banner

The S&W Appreciation Trip, Part Two!

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Captain Crunch 
#1 ·
I found this Model 27-2 six inch (pinned & recessed) at a gun show this past week-end. SN N375xxx indicates it was made in 1976, according to the Standard Catalog Of Smith & Wesson.

It has all of the factory paperwork, including the warranty card. It has been fired some, but very little, apparently. The bore mop is a little dirty, so some previous owner obviously fired it, but I'm guessing not more than a cylinder full. I plan to change that state of affairs very soon!

Best of all, I bought it from a private seller, thus no paper trail.

#2 ·
Nice looking piece. I have always liked the classic looks of the S&W revolvers.

#3 ·
Excellent find - we share the enjoyment of M27-2 ownership :smile:

Managing a private deal makes it even better. Please don't tell me you paid peanuts for it - or I'll weep!

#7 ·
I bought it's brother about 6 months ago exact same and all most the same serial #. Box, tools every thing, came from a old lady that walked in to the gun store and said my husband told me before he died, to ask you to come out the house and buy his guns.

When the gun shop owner got there he was stunned. 35 S&W revolvers all pristene going back to 1955. 29's,27's,k38's,58's,657's you name it was there.

I got mine for $300. best deal Iever got.

#8 ·
bugs100,

Great deal! Congratulations!

The price you paid will surely make P95Carry weep! :biggrin:

#9 ·
The price you paid will surely make P95Carry weep!
Already done that Crunch - lacrimated to point of dried up tear glands - and it took ages to get darned keyboard dry! :biggrin:

Now - I am just drifting along in a fog of severe depression :wink:

#10 ·
P95Carry said:
Already done that Crunch - lacrimated to point of dried up tear glands - and it took ages to get darned keyboard dry! :biggrin:

Now - I am just drifting along in a fog of severe depression :wink:
This, too, shall pass. :biggrin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.