Help identify.

Help identify.

This is a discussion on Help identify. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; What we have here is...well, I'm not sure. It resembles a Browning 1910, but there are some slight differences. The reason I need to know ...

Thread: Help identify.

Help identify.

What we have here is...well, I'm not sure. It resembles a Browning 1910, but there are some slight differences.

The reason I need to know is it does not have a magazine, and would like to be able to get one for the owner. I have it for a clean up and possibly a refinish.

Here are the stats as I know them. It is Spanish made, has the rotating barrel lock up like a Browning or Colt pocket model. It is a 7.65 (.32) and has the word "LONGINES" printed on the non-ejection side. The printing on the slide appears Colt-like (as would be seen on a 1911). It is definitely war-era production.

Unfortunately I do not have a 1910 to try fitting the magazine, that is why I ask.

Picture follows:
    "A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in ... And how many want out." British Prime Minister Tony Blair

Quote Originally Posted by purple88yj View Post
    What we have here is...well, I'm not sure. It resembles a Browning 1910, but there are some slight differences.

The reason I need to know is it does not have a magazine, and would like to be able to get one for the owner. I have it for a clean up and possibly a refinish.

Here are the stats as I know them. It is Spanish made, has the rotating barrel lock up like a Browning or Colt pocket model. It is a 7.65 (.32) and has the word "LONGINES" printed on the non-ejection side. The printing on the slide appears Colt-like (as would be seen on a 1911). It is definitely war-era production.

Unfortunately I do not have a 1910 to try fitting the magazine, that is why I ask.

Any other markings?

Take a look at this and see if it matches:

Pistolet Automatique de

Longines made guns under contract during WWI for france.
    The facts are indisputable. There is more data supporting the benefits of Conceal Carry than there is supporting global warming. If you choose ignorance, in light of all the evidence, in order to bolster your irrational fear of guns, you are a greater threat to society than any gun owner.

You might also take a look at this.

Triple K Gun and Pistol Magazines
    The facts are indisputable. There is more data supporting the benefits of Conceal Carry than there is supporting global warming. If you choose ignorance, in light of all the evidence, in order to bolster your irrational fear of guns, you are a greater threat to society than any gun owner.

Thank you gents. Just one of the reasons I keep coming back.
    "A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in ... And how many want out." British Prime Minister Tony Blair

Links