Jack Ruby's Revolver

Jack Ruby's Revolver

This is a discussion on Jack Ruby's Revolver within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I just heard on the news that the Colt Cobra .38 that Jack Ruby used to kill Lee Harvey Oswald is going up for auction ...

Thread: Jack Ruby's Revolver

1943 - 2009

Jack Ruby's Revolver

I just heard on the news that the Colt Cobra .38 that Jack Ruby used to kill Lee Harvey Oswald is going up for auction in Las Vegas later this month.

The unidentified seller is quoted as saying he hopes to get one million dollars for it.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

VIP Member
    Wow, I remember seeing that happen "live" on television. I hadn't really thought about that revolver much, I assumed the gov't had it somewhere, like the Nat'l Archives or some place?

Terry, let's bid on it and split the cost, we can alternate every other month on keeping it at our house.

How about the Kennedy motorcade limo, where is it I wonder?
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Administrator
    I'm sure he can get a mil for it.... it belongs in a muesum though.

I remember reading once that the limo is in the national archives building.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Moderator
    Didn't they just release some transcripts of Ruby's trial?
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

He originally paid $220,000 for it in a 1991 auction.
    The facts are indisputable. There is more data supporting the benefits of Conceal Carry than there is supporting global warming. If you choose ignorance, in light of all the evidence, in order to bolster your irrational fear of guns, you are a greater threat to society than any gun owner.

Senior Member Array bluelineman's Avatar

Jack Ruby's revolver is expected to fetch between 2 and 3million dollars. Anybody want to spot me 2999995
    Michigan Gun Owner
    Michigan CPL Holder
    Proud Member of The NRA

Et too Brutae?

Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    Wow, I remember seeing that happen "live" on television. I hadn't really thought about that revolver much, I assumed the gov't had it somewhere, like the Nat'l Archives or some place?

How about the Kennedy motorcade limo, where is it I wonder?
    Now here we are giving away our age, but I would have assumed the same as you, it would be interesting to hear just how it came to be on the market in the first place, kind of like the Original James Bond Austin Martin first time it sold it went for a few K then.... 20/20 hind sight is wonderful isn't it.

BTY I believe I saw the Limo in a privately owned car museum about 10 years ago, California comes to mind.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Held it once , I am not superstitious but i got chills . For the record i wouldn't want it .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Anybody on the DC board have that type of money sitting around? My 2-3 is tied up in stocks and bonds. Wait a second that was 2-3 million I thought it was dollars. My bad. Forget it dont have it. Somebody does need to buy it and donate to a museum and get the tax write off. Piece of history

I remember reading (and this is from memory) that the gun was returned to Jack Ruby's brother, along with all his other posessions. It was his brother who sold it initially.

Redneck: How were you able to hold it? Who owned it at the time? I wouldn't want it either.
    The facts are indisputable. There is more data supporting the benefits of Conceal Carry than there is supporting global warming. If you choose ignorance, in light of all the evidence, in order to bolster your irrational fear of guns, you are a greater threat to society than any gun owner.

The guy is lucky to have it to sell! A couple of years ago the owner (at that time) got locked up by the U.S. Capital Police. Seems he was there to show it to some member of congress. There was much debate about as to whether it would be destroyed like any other confiscated weapon or treated differently because of its historical significance.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Links