Forgive my ignorance...

This is a discussion on Forgive my ignorance... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Try a sp-101; I've only shot it in .327 mag and that is all the recoil I want. [ reported to be similar recoil to ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forgive my ignorance...

VIP Member

Forgive my ignorance...

Try a sp-101; I've only shot it in .327 mag and that is all the recoil
    I want. [ reported to be similar recoil to a .38 spl +P ]

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    I don't know if it has been mentioned but the 686 and the 10 (K-frame) use the same grip frame size. I do not want to steer you away from the 686 as it is a great revolver. I carried mine many nights doin security duty many years ago. If you want a 357 Magnum and feel the 686 is to heavy (a blessing with some magnum loads) check out a used K-frame magnum (models 13, 19, 65, and 66). These are the same size as the Model 10. They may not handle a steady diet of the hot 125 gr. magnums but it will take more than most people realize. They should do just fine. If the 686 is for you, you can't go wrong with it. The 686 was designed to take the hot 125's and compete against a very popular Colt revolver, the Python. Both are great but the 686 is much more affordable and purhaps more durable. Yes I have Pythons and a 686 and while I love the Pythons I also love the 686 for the reasons stated. If I could only have one I would be hard pressed to choose. Based on the durablity and availabilty of parts and people who do quality repair work I would lean to the 686. Thank God and those who fought to give and protect our freedoms I don't have to choose.

I used to own a 2 1/2" model 66. Great gun.

GP-100 might be another option for you. Any full sized revolver with a 4" barrel will be quite comfortable to shoot. You could get two guns for your $800....that .22 was a good idea...

Austin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links