Looking for an Article

This is a discussion on Looking for an Article within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I read an article on a site a few days ago and cannot remember where it was, hoping someone hear can point me in the ...

Thread: Looking for an Article

Looking for an Article

I read an article on a site a few days ago and cannot remember where it was, hoping someone hear can point me in the right direction (I pretty certain it was not on this site; however, a link to it may have been~~don't remember). The paragraph I'm looking for was a topic discussing whether or not having a fiream during an argument would lend to the individual using it. It posit was to the effect, if you had a gun would you shoot someone over an argument, the other person says, "No", and the reply was then who do you think someone else would. Further if the other person says "Yes", you need to tell them to seek psychiatric help for their violent tendencies.

That's the gist of it, hope someone knows what I'm looking for.
    Thanks in advance, bm

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Was it the one about the motorcyclist who confronted a truck driver to slow down and ended up shooting the truck driver? There was posted there the question of "would the motorcyclist have confronted the man if he had not been armed?"

No, but thanks for trying. It was a general article about carrying, and being allowed to carry. The point the author of the article was making is that just because I have a gun and get in an argument does not mean I would use it, anymore than if all I had was a pencil; and that the type of person that would, would attack with or without a gun/pencil.

Found it! Should've known it was from Ayoob. Here it is if anyone is interested, the part I was looking for is the 3rd bullet point down:
    Here are some answers to often asked questions of anti-gunners by Massad Ayoob Issue #45

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barracudamagoo View Post
    Found it! Should've known it was from Ayoob. Here it is if anyone is interested, the part I was looking for is the 3rd bullet point down:
    Here are some answers to often asked questions of anti-gunners by Massad Ayoob Issue #45
    He also discusses the same argument in his book The Truth About Self-Protection.

Links