thinkin bout a ruger 10/22

This is a discussion on thinkin bout a ruger 10/22 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; im thinkin bout getting a ruger 10/22 with m4 stock and dusk dawn scope. just to go out shootin in the hills. cans, targets, and ...

Thread: thinkin bout a ruger 10/22

im thinkin bout getting a ruger 10/22 with m4 stock and dusk dawn scope. just to go out shootin in the hills. cans, targets, and jack rabbits will be my main thing. cheap and fun.
    my question is are there better/cooler stocks out there, and barrels.
    having problems finding some add ons.
    sticks are a must too.
    "An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."

If you haven't found it yet, check out the Sponsor's Page at Rimfire Central. Tons of goodies. If ya go a little crazy, you end up with one that looks like this:

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Are you going for the target model? I have a Green Mountain stainless fluted .920" heavy barrel on my silhouette 10/22, and a thumbhole pepper laminated stock from Boyd's. I also modified the bolt lock mechanism so you don't need to release it to chamber a round, just pull the bolt back and let it go. Also have a bolt buffer, and extended mag release installed. On my plinker 10/22 target, it sits in a Hogue rubber molded stock, and has a carbon fiber barrel installed--I did some trigger work on this one and boy let me tell ya! This whole rifle is darn near too light for me to shoot standing with or without a sling it's so light! I played around with sanding out the barrel channel on the OEM wooden stock for the heavy barrel one so the barrel would free float. I'll put the OEM barrel back in when I use this stock and it's absolutely wonderful. I've had alot of fun with both my Ruger 10/22 target models, and will have plenty more good times in the future. The Ruger 10/22 is just one of those rifles everyone has got to have at some point--and you'll never get bored with them.
    http://www.gmriflebarrel.com/catalog...rTargetBarrels
    BOYDS' Blaster for Ruger 10/22

I have 2 10/22's they are great rifles and fun to shoot

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    .........The Ruger 10/22 is just one of those rifles everyone has got to have at some point--and you'll never get bored with them.
    Amen to that!

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

VIP Member
    +1 - Stop thinking about it and buy the sucker already. You can always get the newest/bestest doo-hickeys later!
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

i got money burning a hole in my pocket as we speak. was gonna hit up cabelas friday. by the time i get out of combat training and the gym on regular weekdays im to tired to do anything. friday will be the day. only problem is i got a bday comin up and my mom offered to buy it for me. but for the price ill buy one and let her buy me another.
    donno what to do im going crazy

but def gonna trick it out.
    "An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."

I really enjoy plinkin with mine..

Better to be tried by 12, than carried by 6

Aviation Machinist's Mate USN 93-97
    NAF Atsugi, Japan CVW 5
    CV62 USS Independence
    HS-12 Wyverns, VS-21 Fighting Redtails

AirMech74 pretty close to the setup i was looking into. now ima have ta change it up and be a bit different. maybe ill camo paint it.

allot of fun to pink with. My wife loves to shoot it.

10/22 is a fun little rifle. I have a stainless model with the black synthetic stock. It is unmodified and I get between ” and 1” groups at 25 yards. If I had a good scope I am sure that I could do better. For me, I see no need for modifications to what I have except a good scope. I do not see myself using a .22 beyond 50 yards anyway and with a ” to 1” group at 25 yards, which gives me a 1” to 2” group at 50 yards assuming that I continue to shoot the way I am without adding a good scope. That is plenty good enough for plinking or small game (rabbit and squirrel). I already have three hi-cap magazines (40 rnds) which are fun and easy to load (easier than the 10 rnd magazines since I have a loader for them that will not work on the 10 rounders) but they just do not seem real durable so I rarely use them. I find that the three 10 rnd magazines I have are sufficient and they do not alarm anybody.

At some point in time I will probably get a second one.

10/22's are like old Chevy's: Tons of aftermarket parts available and easy to customize.
    I'm a child of the 60's, but I got over it.

Ya know, Ruger has just come out with a new version of the 10/22 platform.
    It's called the Charger.

Should be a hoot to shoot!!

they are great. hard to beat. you can dress them up or just leave simple. they just keep on shooting.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

" Ya know, Ruger has just come out with a new version of the 10/22 platform.
    It's called the Charger. "

It is a lot of fun to shoot!!! I run about 100 rounds through mine and not one hiccup! Yep, it's a keeper.

Sponsored Links