Defensive Carry banner

1911 animation

2K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  Bruces45 
#1 ·
I don't think I have seen this one on here so here goes. Oh yeah, you can make pieces disapear by clicking hide, so you can see all the inside operations. Very cool

http://www.m1911.org/loader.swf

#2 ·
I think I posted that on here some while back Bruce - forget the link.

It is tho an excellent animation and incredibly small considering its possibilities. Definitely worth clicking on all the option squares :smile:

#4 ·
Hey Chris

What do ya think? Should we still like Bruce anyway...even though he posted that animation again? :biggrin:

I vote..."YES"

Actually, it's a neat story about that fantastic animation.
At first it was (I Think) a nameless 1911 animation & folks could download it to their computers...as a screensaver???
Then it vanished off the web for a good long while because the designer/artist was looking for a (paying) sponsor for it.
I think some guy on 1911 forum was the artist that designed it.
I'm not sure about that though.

#6 ·
#7 ·
Amazing Piece Of Work

That is just an incredible animated construction.
Can you just imagine the additional superlative firearms that J. M. Browning would have invented if he had working computer models to play around with?

#9 ·
Not yet Bruce - but anyways - there is so much overall similarity, I doubt it would be worth someone's trouble - it's only really the grip safety that'd be missing, looking at it broadly.

#11 ·
I'd certainly like to see that too but AFAIK that 1911 anim' is the only one of its kind - certainly in that class and quality.

I'll bet there was weeks of work went into that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.