No Rem 700 VTR?!?! So disappointed!

This is a discussion on No Rem 700 VTR?!?! So disappointed! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I've been very interested in this rifle since I heard about it earlier this year and we drove to a gun show today to see ...

Thread: No Rem 700 VTR?!?! So disappointed!

Senior Moderator

I've been very interested in this rifle since I heard about it earlier this year and we drove to a gun show today to see if I could finally get my hands on one.

No luck! I must have gone to every table three times.

Then again, gun shows are becoming more like knife and shirt shows than actual "GUN" shows these days, it really shouldn't have surprised me.

Grrrr... My shop won't get one in for awhile longer and I really want to fondle one.

Anyone had the chance to play with one yet?

Then again, gun shows are becoming more like knife and shirt shows than actual "GUN" shows these days, it really shouldn't have surprised me.
    You forgot to mention jerky, leather goods, jewelry, beanie babies.............

Anyone had the chance to play with one yet?
    Nope---just gawk at it and read about it in the magazines.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    You forgot to mention jerky, leather goods, jewelry, beanie babies.............
    The jewelry was actually very pretty at this show..lol

Nope---just gawk at it and read about it in the magazines.
    That seems to be what I'm confined to as well.

Sadly.

Here is a link to a mini review by a fellow from another board I belong to Lima. He managed to get his hands on one.

Florida Shooters Network View topic - Remmy 700 VTR... Stats and Standing...pics

SY

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhangel View Post
    Here is a link to a mini review by a fellow from another board I belong to Lima. He managed to get his hands on one.

Florida Shooters Network View topic - Remmy 700 VTR... Stats and Standing...pics

SY
    Thanks for the link. I just got through reading it.

It's nice to have detailed reviews like that.

I'm wondering if the action is as smooth as the BDLs or the CDLs instead of as chunky and awkward as the 770s are. The 770s have HORRIBLE actions for a bolt gun.

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    Ok, I don't know anything about these, but I did happen to fondle one a couple of weeks ago at my local gunshop.

If you want, I can check to see if he still has it.

Here is the dumb question.... Do they come in specific calibers? Which one are you looking for?

Anyways, let me know if you want me to check. Seems to me that rifle hasn't been making any great strides to jump right out the door.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by SonofASniper View Post
    Ok, I don't know anything about these, but I did happen to fondle one a couple of weeks ago at my local gunshop.

If you want, I can check to see if he still has it.

Here is the dumb question.... Do they come in specific calibers? Which one are you looking for?

Anyways, let me know if you want me to check. Seems to me that rifle hasn't been making any great strides to jump right out the door.
    She wants the .308.

The VTR is limited in caliber selection, IIRC these are the only calibers available in that line.

.204 Ruger
    .223 Rem.
    .22-250
    .308 Win

Our main concern is LOP, Lima is on the small side, and we'd like to see how well the rifle fits her before ordering one.

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    Gotcha.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    She wants the .308.

The VTR is limited in caliber selection, IIRC these are the only calibers available in that line.

.204 Ruger
    .223 Rem.
    .22-250
    .308 Win

Our main concern is LOP, Lima is on the small side, and we'd like to see how well the rifle fits her before ordering one.
    What he said!

Distinguished Member Array airslot's Avatar
    LOP is listed at 13 3/8 "
    Model 700™ VTR™

This one is on my short list also. Haven't been able to fondle one either.
    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Links