Doom

This is a discussion on Doom within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; WEll the made it into a movie .. Hope its good always loved the games and Doom 3 is right up there my Fav is ...

Thread: Doom

Doom

WEll the made it into a movie .. Hope its good always loved the games and Doom 3 is right up there my Fav is the Chainsaw and the BFG 9000 and they didnt take the whimpy way out it dont mean big fun revolver

http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/doom/

Anyone id the non made up guns?

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    Bud - just downloading the large trailer - I am not a Doom afficionado at all but love good graphics.

So - let's see what we have - hmmm - nice FX and oh - we have ''The Rock'' again eh!

As for the ''guns'' well - looks like some good ''inventive'' work gone in
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

The movie doesn't follow the game at all really. The movie is based on a moon, where the game is on Mars. I'm a HUGE HUGE video game fan, but I hate when they do the whole video game-to-movie and movie-to-video game thing.
    "There are more things on this planet with fangs, claws, poisons, and scales, than there are things that are warm, fuzzy, and full of love. It's just a simple fact." - James Keating

Senior Member Array firefighter4884's Avatar
    Justin,

I don't have a problem with it as long as they do a good job. The problem is, very seldom does that happen.

Resident Evil 1 and 2 were both very entertaining and fun movies, at least from my POV, but they weren't Resident Evil. Neither of them grasped the feeling that the game gave you as you played.

Some of the StarWars take offs are actually pretty decent to play, but for the most part, you're definately correct. :)

--Jim
    Firefighter / EMT - Always Ready. Ever Willing.

~Never do anything that you don't want to have to explain to the paramedics...~

I saw the trailer for Doom last night when I saw Serenity (a very good movie , by the way, definately has my recomendation) and I thought that while Doom looks like it might be a half decent action movie it's not really the game. Yes, I will probably go see it with some of the guys, but I doubt I'm going to be recommending it to anyone and I doubt it will make it into my home collection.

A1C Lickey

the orginal Doom took place on 2 moons of Mars phobes and soemthing else then doom 3 is on mars

Well it's more like Doom (the original) was on Mars and in Heck, then we go to the moons of Mars and back to Heck again in Doom 2, and Doom 3 is just Doom 1 retooled with prettier graphics.

Links