Does Anyone Know Anything About This Shotgun?

This is a discussion on Does Anyone Know Anything About This Shotgun? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well my plans are to learn a little about hunting. Where I'm at now a lot of the folks hunt and I always wanted to ...

VIP Member

Well my plans are to learn a little about hunting. Where I'm at now a lot of the folks hunt and I always wanted to learn myself. So I decided to buy my first shotgun. My brother-in-law is a gun dealer so I knew I could get one at cost. I told him to find me a good deal and to pay for it and I would pay him once I got back to St. Louis. Now I didn't want to spend a lot of money on something that I was not sure I would be using for awhile. But as I make friends out here, I wanted to have the right tools in case I get asked to go hunting with some one. Well my brother-in-law gave me a call and told me he bought me a brand new shotgun that he thinks is made by Norinco. I do not have a problem with Norinco since my SKS is Norinco and its a great firearm. This shotgun is not a Norinco, its a Jing An. I do not think Jing An makes Norinco. Its a nice looking shotgun with a checkered stock, 29 inch barrell. Comes with 4 chocks and its a 12gauge pump. But I never heard of Jing An and my internet search does not come up with musch except that on GunAmerica they are selling them for about $100 more than I bought mine. I payed $130 for it with taxes and shipping. Does anyone know anything about this shotgun? Was it a good deal or is this shotgun a piece of junk?

Not much to really tell you, Ben. Norinco is/was the marketing front for the Peoples' Liberation Army (China)- you buy Norinco, China's service buys new guns. "Jing An" could be a new incorporation to get around some import/export laws somewhere, or it could (I'd be really surprised) be a genuine private venture.

Jing An was a Government owned Chinese company... Here's a quote from: WipedOut

C.J.A: China Jing-An, Which was an importer that went out of business when they got busted by Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (ATF) for Importing some Full-Auto Korean AKs and trying to sell them to the general public. They were a company owned and controlled by Central Military Commission (People’s Armed Police) in charge of internal security and riot control. CJA was also in charge of Jing-An Equipment Import-Export (CJA EQUIP.) trading in small arms, riot control, and security equipment. Additionally, they were in charge of CHINA ANHUA DEVELOPMENT, which operates about 70 enterprises. "China Jing An" or "Jing An China". Most China Jing An goods are not marked as such, whereas PROCHINE exports are clearly marked "PROCHINE CORP". All Chinese "manufacturers" of semi-auto Kalashnikov type rifles were little more than exportation fronts set up by the Chinese government. As an example, China Jing An is owned by the People's Armed Police, and Polytech is controlled by the People's Liberation Army.
    The facts are indisputable. There is more data supporting the benefits of Conceal Carry than there is supporting global warming. If you choose ignorance, in light of all the evidence, in order to bolster your irrational fear of guns, you are a greater threat to society than any gun owner.

wow... for $139 and if it does the job, whats not to like ?
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

VIP Member
    Thanks Guys for the help. I still wish if some one on this forum who owns one can tell me what they think of their shotgun.

It's basic junk from the one I've seen. Buy a Mossberg if your looking for a cheap, but good reliable shotgun. Sorry if this isn't what you want to hear.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Supertac45 View Post
    It's basic junk from the one I've seen. Buy a Mossberg if your looking for a cheap, but good reliable shotgun. Sorry if this isn't what you want to hear.
    Thats why I asked. It was pertty cheap and I wanted to know if the price went along with the quality. Like I said the only thing I could find is that they were going for about $100 more on Gun Broker and GunsAmerica.

Sell it for $50.00 more and buy a mossberg!! That way you won't have to explain to your new redneck hunting buddies what you are doing with a chinese made shotgun !
    That's one of those brother-in-law deals!
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by artz View Post
    wow... for $139 and if it does the job, whats not to like ?
    Might do the job, but its giving dollars to the Chinese government. Most of us pi$$ and moan about this all the time but then, for some strange reason, we get all starry eyed when we see a "good bargain" and somehow justify the purchase.

Got to ask, why would he not just buy you a good old Remington 870?
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

I just bought a 870 Can't wait for the weekend!
    I believe in gun control...... Thats why I use TWO hands.

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    for the 870!
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

go pick up a maverick 88 if coin is issuse. made by mossberg. got my a
    few years back and works very well in the field. just my $0.02
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

jing an

inherited one made in 70's trying 2 find turkey choke 4 it shoots like a champ

Links