Defensive Carry banner

Rule #1 - Have A Gun!

2K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  Jaypee3843 
#1 ·
Once upon a time I somehow wound up with all my carry pieces in the shop or off with my wife, and I was just about to forget carrying for a while when I remembered my wedding gift........a .22 revolver!
Well, admittedly, a .22 ain't exactly yer basic cannon, but I remembered Colonel Cooper's famous dictum that the first rule of gunfighting is to have a gun, so I carried the little pistol for close to a week until I got the others back. I wish they all carried that easy.

This is the Smith and Wesson Model 34 my wife bought me for a wedding present in 1972. I recalled all of this when I took it out for a spin today and just wanted to show it off a little bit. It's all original, although it came with small grips and I had to pay extra for the target grips. In the past 36 years it has proven itself to be the most uncannily accurate small pistol I've ever seen and has sent its share of western jackrabbits off to jackrabbit Valhalla, or wherever jackrabbits go. Some friends and I got into a 75 yard shootout for lunch stakes one time and this little pistol kept ten shots in the "bottle"of an NRA B-27 target and beat out several Glocks, Berettas, and Sigs. Best free lunch I ever had!! Here she is. Wish I had a dozen of them.

......wonder what the rule is for using deadly force on a rampaging jackrabbit......I hear they charge when they're wounded. :smile:

JayPee

See less See more
#3 ·
Classic Smith!! A dozen,I wish I had one!! NICE!!

#14 ·
Actually, it isn't. The OP's M34 is a J frame.

You're thinking of the M18 .22 Combat Masterpiece. (K frame).

#11 ·
I could afford to feed that one for a while!!

#13 ·
Very nice, indeed.:hand10:
Reminds me of the .22 H&R I had for over 30 years and traded towards a larger CC weapon...a transaction I have regretted ever since!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.