Springfield Armory EMP 9mm

This is a discussion on Springfield Armory EMP 9mm within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I just purchased a Springfield Armory EMP 9mm and was wondering if anyone else has one and what their opinion was of it?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Springfield Armory EMP 9mm

Springfield Armory EMP 9mm

I just purchased a Springfield Armory EMP 9mm and was wondering if anyone else has one and what their opinion was of it?
    "If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon, you will be a minister of death praying for war. "R. Lee Ermey---FMJ"

2. Remove Ads

AEA
    I purchased one on another Forum on a Group Buy for 943.00 shipped. That's about all I can tell you about it (the price) because it has been 2 Months and I still don't have it. Springfield is really messing up being backlogged on deliveries to dealers. They could sell a ton of them if they would only get off their butts and make some!

I have heard nothing but Excellent reports on this pistol and I am very anxious to get it in my hands. I guess I could have paid 1100-1200 somewhere that actually had it on the shelf, but I chose to go the least expensive way and wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt4474 View Post
    I just purchased a Springfield Armory EMP 9mm and was wondering if anyone else has one and what their opinion was of it?
    Lima posted her impressions of it here a few months ago, and now I'm lusting for one too!: http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...field-emp.html
    Clinging to guns and God in PA...

I have one and love it. I've shot a couple hundred FMJ and few HST 147's without a hick-up.
    I bought mine at Gunbroker.com. No waiting.
    Larry

Distinguished Member
    It is a nice looking pistol , no jab to any of you that have one , I would
    get one if it were made in the US . I just think a Springfield should be made in the US , a Glock in Austria and a Taurus in Brazil .

Nice looking gun "lebvette" You know i actually almost bought that pistol & iam sorry to all you 1911 guys, iam just not a huge fan But i really liked that little EMP
    Kimber Eclipse Target 2
    Glock 19 (3rd Gen)
    DiamondBack DB9
    Kahr PM9 (wife's edc)
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by AEA View Post
    I purchased one on another Forum on a Group Buy for 943.00 shipped. That's about all I can tell you about it (the price) because it has been 2 Months and I still don't have it. Springfield is really messing up being backlogged on deliveries to dealers. They could sell a ton of them if they would only get off their butts and make some!

I have heard nothing but Excellent reports on this pistol and I am very anxious to get it in my hands. I guess I could have paid 1100-1200 somewhere that actually had it on the shelf, but I chose to go the least expensive way and wait.
    I paid $950.00 plus tax for a used one at my local shop. I have been drooling over them for awhile now and as soon as I saw they had one I scooped it up. Now I just need to start acquiring some 9mm ammo.
    "If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon, you will be a minister of death praying for war. "R. Lee Ermey---FMJ"

While I don't own one, I have handled one at a gunshop and it made me drool right there on the spot. I think you have a really nice pistol myself.

Member Array airbornerangerboogie's Avatar
    I got mine a couple of months ago and after putting 250 rounds through it I'm calling it a "Keeper"

“Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.” James Dean
    Phil (NRA Member and Vietnam Vet)
    ------------- My CCW ----------------
    No Guns Here Boss
    I gave them to the naked Pigmy's in New Guinea

Airborne,
    Where did you get your holsters? Are they made for the EMP or did you get them for a different weapon? Any info will be much appreciated.

AEA
    The EMP will fit in any 3" 1911 .45 ACP Holster.

Member Array airbornerangerboogie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt4474 View Post
    Airborne,
    Where did you get your holsters? Are they made for the EMP or did you get them for a different weapon? Any info will be much appreciated.
    The IWB is a DeSantis "Cozy Partner" and the OWB is a Galco "CONCEALABLE BELT HOLSTER" both are made for 3" 1911's and are great fits for the EMP. I had a Cozy Partner for my Colt Defender, but I bought this one new for the EMP.
    “Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.” James Dean
    Phil (NRA Member and Vietnam Vet)
    ------------- My CCW ----------------
    No Guns Here Boss
    I gave them to the naked Pigmy's in New Guinea

My wife has had an EMP for about a year. To date she probably has about 700 rounds through it. It cycles well, and does not jam. It is very accurate for such a small pistol. She uses a Don Hume H721OT belt holster.

What rounds do you use for self defense? Been wanting an emp for sometime, always carried a 45, but with the price of 45acp going up switching to a 9mm is a good reason, plus sounds like a good reason to buy an EMP, lol.

I really want an EMP. I just sold my XD9 service with the intention of buying one, but the sticker price is such a huge shocker to me. "$12-ish" is what my dealer said. Ouch.. am I better off just getting a Springfield 1911 Champion sized? I wish I could get my hands on the EMP though. No one has one in stock.
    Heavily armed.
    Collection: Kahr CW9, M&P 15-22, Walther P22, Glock 19.
    Sold: XD9 4'', Kimber 1911 Series II compact, FNP-9
    Shopping list: Springfield EMP 9mm, M&P 15 .223

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links