How many guns do you keep loaded?

This is a discussion on How many guns do you keep loaded? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; In the safe or on me there are G19, G-20, Para-Ord P-14, 1911, Grendel P-10, S&W M&P (WWII 5 screw), AK with100 round drum, AR ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How many guns do you keep loaded?

In the safe or on me there are G19, G-20, Para-Ord P-14, 1911, Grendel P-10, S&W M&P (WWII 5 screw), AK with100 round drum, AR shorty with double 30 round mags, 2 M-1 carbines with 30 round mags loaded with hollow points, rem 1100 with pistol grip stock and 8 round mag extension. Handguns and 1100 ready to go, rifles have full mags but chambers empty.

Every night the G20 and Grendel are next to the bed, if there is a criminal on the loose the 1100 comes inside and 1 carbine on the wife's side.

2. Remove Ads

A loaded gun in every room in the house. Mossberg 500 in main bedroom fully loaded not chambered. We don't have kids around, all grown and gone, and we're in a rural area so having revolvers and 1911's lying around-out of sight of course-isn't a real problem for us. My Kimber compact or the SA 1911 are constant companions and are cocked and locked. Inside =Kimber. Outside=SA 1911. The yellow light is always on since break-ins a couple years ago, and when I'm outside on my property I carry in the open. I'm not visible to neighbors.

I have a two year old that manages to get into everything she can put her little hands on, so that is my primary concern. The K9 stays loaded, as does the M66 in the bedroom, both out of her access. Everything else is locked in the safe. The 1911 and 22/45 have mags in, empty chamber. The 870 has a sideshell carrier but nothing in the mag; I prefer 2.75 inch #2s for the scattergun, as it is less likely to overpenetrate in the house than 00 or slugs. I do keep those available, however. Everything else stays unloaded, long guns in their storage "socks."

When my daughter goes to college, it's gonna be "game on!!"

“Speed is fine, but accuracy is final.” - Bill Jordan

Senior Member Array Free American's Avatar
    All of them
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Previously known as "cjm5874"

One .357, one .38, one 12ga and one .22lr
    livin in the woods...feelin mighty good

six.

Beretta 45,Beretta 9mm, Beretta 40 , Walther 22, G22, Both Savage 308's and the newest family member my Remington700 vs in 308, forgot the Savage 22 mag . merlin45k out

32. all handguns in safe are chambered. only two long guns chambered(in safe) are the double barrel coach guns. the rest of the long guns have mags loaded but not chambered.

Zero- I hate living on base. I keep my 1911 off base now, but there are no magazines and no ammo stored with it. I have to load it every time I carry, but I would rather do that then leave it there loaded.

A1C Lickey

CCW on me unless I'm sleeping, then it's in a lock box in my nightstand drawer. Ithica 37 with a full mag and an empty chamber cable locked through the action to an anchor in my closet. Everything else is empty and locked up. Child safety is a major concern around my house.
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

Usually two . . .

Whatever I am carrying that day and the nightstand gun.
    Shoot well and be safe

-Don

"The trouble with our liberal friends are not that they're ignorant: It's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan

Every operational pistol (seven) is loaded, magazine and chamber. The two that are down obvisouly arent loaded.

My shotgun (primary HD) is loaded one round down, with one in the chamber. I plan on adding another scattergun to the collection, however I'll probably leave the pipe empty, with the tube one round down.

All rifles are kept with a loaded magazine and an empty chamber. Except the 9mm AR15 that I dont have the magazine block for yet. It stays empty for obvious reasons.

If, for some odd reason, I want to keep a rifle or carbine handy, its chambered, or the bolt is open (the safety on my tommyguns are on the wrong side).

Senior Member Array Free American's Avatar
    The only time my guns are loaded is when I am carrying them. Even the carry gun gets unloaded at night. I have 3 kids and am not about to let something happen to them to save 2 seconds of loading a Glock.
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Previously known as "cjm5874"

Hmmmmmm (scatching head) I figure, 2 on me, two in the house (hidden), a Ithaca 37 pump, along with an AR15 type with 5 each 30 rounders. Not mentioing the firepower which resides elswhere in the house, when the SHTF. Those 250 rnd belts with every 5th rnd a tracer, along with plenty of 9mm, 45, (HKtypes, Thompsons, M16, and oh yeah, the 40 Mike Mike variety too)

It varies, but usually 8...
    My carry(.380 or 10mm), wife's .38, .357 in bedroom drawer, sks and .22 rifle in bedroom closet, .357(with .38's) in family room drawer, .38 in both girl's nightstand drawers.
    All loaded, chambered and safetied...where possible, depending on the gun.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links