DEA agent shoots himself during gun safety lecture

This is a discussion on DEA agent shoots himself during gun safety lecture within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I donít think this has been posted before. My apologies if it has. http://www.compfused.com/directlink/680/ I love it when he says, "I'm the only one in ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: DEA agent shoots himself during gun safety lecture

JT [OP]

DEA agent shoots himself during gun safety lecture

I donít think this has been posted before. My apologies if it has.

http://www.compfused.com/directlink/680/

I love it when he says, "I'm the only one in this room professional enough that I know of to carry this Glock 40."
    Last edited by JT; October 5th, 2005 at 06:13 PM. Reason: typo
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

2. Remove Ads

JT [OP]
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Senior Moderator
    It really makes you wonder!

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    The funny thing is, down at the bottom of the snopes page the DEA seems more upset about their agent being videotaped than the fact he shot himself.

If his identity is so secret, why is he giving gun lectures in a t-shirt with POLICE written on the front?
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Kinda ironic that it came RIGHT after he says this, but he carried himself pretty well for someone who just dropped a .40 in his thigh.
    Even the DEA has those who should ride the short bus to school.
    "Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

Senior Moderator
    You know, I can't help but feel sorry for the guy. Not only could it be a career ender, but a crushing personal blow as well. Plus, it's now been all over the internet. It's a shame it had to happen.

I don't. He talks so much stupid left wing proganda in that video it makes me sick. I hope all those kids now realize that letting the government have all the guns is a huge mistake for so many reasons, including personal safety.

since when are the rastamen on the Dea i dotn know if it was discussed here or not but im sorry its funny and sad at the same time

Administrative Ban Array Bruces45's Avatar

Angry

Did ya knotice in the beginning he showed it to "Brian" and said see its unloaded, This is a empty wepon, blah, blah, blah I'm the only one in this room qualified to handle said wepon, BANG. What a dumb arse, forgot the mag was full How could you not totaly clear your wepon before handling it in front of kids?? If I was a parrent I would raise hell about that. He said it was a AD, WRONG, he was just a dumb arse who shouldn't play with guns, he got what he deserved, and I realy hope he lost his job over that. I love guns and always preach gun saftey to anyone who will listen, when I show my wepon to anyone I make sure its empty 3 or 4 times, and hand it to the person and tell them to check it also before looking at it. That guy is a complete dumb arse and I agree he should be riding the short bus. If I was in that class this is what I would have done :chairshot

Assistant Administrator
    He screwed up - royally.

True it has been around now a few months but hey - as a reminder to avoid complacency it is a classic!!

There is some humor there in hindsight but in fact the serious aspect far outweighs that IMO.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Lead Moderator
    scary reflection of carelessness and those who carry on a daily basis. A good lesson to all of us. And don't think it can't happen to you.

Senior Moderator
    I think the guy has learned his lesson. He'll probably never be able to handle a gun again, because of this. If we apply the same logic to auto accidents, anyone who has an auto accident with self injury and/or injury to someone else, shouldn't be allowed to drive again.

The guy made a horrendous mistake, so do drivers, but we don't treat them the way we have this guy. This guy has been mocked and crucified repeatedly. Kinda like killing our wounded instead of helping them. What do we do with someone that has an accident, throw them away and ridicule them forever?

I wonder what would be best for all, to ridicule this man for the rest of his life for making a mistake or try to help him recover and have a life again?

JT [OP]
    Depends on his attitude. Is he still going to be making statements like "I'm the only one in this room professional enough that I know of to carry this Glock 40." Thatís what set me off. The arrogance. Not only arrogance in his abilities, but an apparent bias against non-LEO gun owners.
    Last edited by JT; October 6th, 2005 at 12:56 PM. Reason: typo

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by JT
    Depends on his attitude. Is he still going to be making statements like "I'm the only one in this room professional enough that I know of to carry this Glock 40." Thatís what set me off. The arrogance. Not only arrogance in his abilities, but an apparent biased against non-LEO gun owners.
    There was a long time LEO trainer that had an accident in a training session and accidentally shot and killed an officer. He had an accident; a momentary lapse of focus; it happens. But there was a totally different attitude of "gunners" toward him. We seemed to feel his pain, anguish, and hurt.

But for some reason, we seem to have a "killer" attitude toward this DEA agent for a very similar accident in which no harm came to any one but the agent. He'll never be the same again.

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    +1 JT... exactly what I was going to say. It's his arrogance, and apparent anti-(private) gun ownership bias.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links