Letter to Anti-Gun Waffle House

This is a discussion on Letter to Anti-Gun Waffle House within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Waffle House is Anti-Gun This is a copy of emails between Waffle House and me. Ms Murner Thanks for the info . No members of ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Letter to Anti-Gun Waffle House

Letter to Anti-Gun Waffle House

Waffle House is Anti-Gun

This is a copy of emails between Waffle House and me.

Ms Murner

Thanks for the info . No members of our organization will be eating at your Restaurants anymore.
    You should know we are the good guys we have been checked by the FBI and state.
    Trained with fire arms . and less likely to break any law than other citizens.
    Your stores have good food and service and will be missed by our members.

Customer Service <customerservice@wafflehouse.com> wrote:
    Thank you for inquiring about Waffle House's firearm policy. Our policy is no fire arms, guns,
    knives or other potentially dangerous weapons of any kind are allowed on Waffle House property
    except in the possession of a law enforcement officer or a security guard (in uniform). Anyone else
    is asked to leave their weapon locked in their car while dining in the restaurant.

Caroline Murner
    Waffle House, Inc.
    Customer Service

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Friday, April 04, 2008 6:55 PM
    To: Customer Service
    Subject: Waffle House Web Form Message

Site ID: Waffle House
    Subject: Waffle House Web Form Message
    First Name: Randy
    Last Name:
    Address1: City: Ennis
    State: TX
    Zip Code: 75119
    E-mail Address:
    Phone Number:
    Special 1: all
    Special 2: all
    Comments: What is company policy regarding American citizens with hand gun license
    caring concealed in your Restaurants
    I am associated with a large group of licensed hand gun owners
    ** End of Comments **

2. Remove Ads

I'm curious as to what drove you to ask in the first place. Are they posted 30.06 in TX?

Quote Originally Posted by David in FL View Post
    I'm curious as to what drove you to ask in the first place. Are they posted 30.06 in TX?
    There was a thread on another forum showing there parking lot sign banning hand guns and other things on there property

LMAO, you should ask for a tour of their kitchen, and then tell them that their cooks cant work there because they have knifes,, I find it funny I worked for a restaurant that had the "no weapons" policy, I carried my own knife to work, which btw is an "illegal knife" in Texas because its over 6". Funny how its ok for them to use tools, but you cant bring a knife into thier restaurant, and FWIW, they can not restrict you from carrying a knife, they can have all the policies they want, refuse you service etc, unless they sell alcohol and your knife is over 6" it is not considered a weapon, so they can not require you to remove it. Please note the PC person said Weapons, if they dont have the 30.06 sign it does not apply to you anyway, if they do why bother with the letter? FWIW as well, if someone tells you to leave their bussiness and you refuse it is called criminal tresspass, but being a business owner I have found that even though the law says that, the cops wont arrest you unless you refuse to leave when they hear the manager/owner tell you to leave, dont know why but thats my experience. IF they dont have the 30.06 sign posted but have a no guns sign it simply means you cant bring your shotgun inside the store,,, but I would love to hear them ask someone who brought one in to leave,,,

they might as well have a sign that says its easy to rob us we dont believe in defending ourselves. unless the incredible hulk is a cook there
    "An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."

Quote Originally Posted by Zaraster View Post
    There was a thread on another forum showing there parking lot sign banning hand guns and other things on there property
    you know if they have 30.06 posted on the parking lot you cant even have your pistol locked in the car right? again if its not 30.06 posted its just some stupid sign someone posted so their employees could feel good.

I Feel evil this week, I think I will take a trip up to north texas and see if they have a sign or not, if they have a bs sign I will go inside the store order my food, drink my coffee, then go get my phone in the parking lot, and "notice" the sign from outside, at which point I will promptly get in my car and drive across the street and call them explaining I wont be able to eat there, because I had not seen their sign before, but when I went to the car to get my "phone" I noticed it, so I left. IF they want to charge me for the coffee they can come collect it at IHOP where I will be eating, but since I dont want to violate their policy I certainly wont come back in to pay for the coffee.

BGs like places of business that have a sign banning guns, that way they know that their gun is the only one in the joint. I do like your idea though southtexas, in fact I may do the same thing here to the local Waffle House.

Senior Moderator
    Some Waffle Houses here have the sign, others do not????
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

In Kansas any business can post a sign with a handgun inside a red circle with a slash through it banning guns inside their place. These same places wonder why they get robbed and others don't.

If Texas is so liberal with guns, why the hell do they even have that stupid 30-06 law? Ask Waffle House if they've ever heard of Lubby's Diner! Idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Southtexas View Post
    IF they want to charge me for the coffee they can come collect it at IHOP where I will be eating, but since I dont want to violate their policy I certainly wont come back in to pay for the coffee.
    problem is, the only person you're likely to hurt is the waitress with that one. Probably take it out of her check.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
    problem is, the only person you're likely to hurt is the waitress with that one. Probably take it out of her check.
    actually they will write it off as a comp, the waitress wont lose anything but her tip, the restaurant will lose a minor amount of business if you boycott them, and the truth is they wont even know why the bussiness is down, but if 20 people all went in and sat down and ordered food every week, then left before it was served and called back to let them know why it would sink in, and they could choose to post the correct signage or remove their feelgood signs, because thats all they are. Personally I dont go to Taco Cabana here because they post illegal signage, why bother, they dont want my bussiness, they made it clear, so they dont get it.

I boycott bussiness that dont want my money, the restaurant has the choice to put up legal signage, if they dont want to, then I can walk in with my firearm, If I later find out they dont want me there why bother going back, I have made my statement, but I have done it in a way that makes the owner/manager think about it. The choice is still theirs in the end.

VIP Member
    No Waffle House in Virginia that I am aware of is posted....Just like the Bill Clinton military "Don't ask, Don't tell"

Why do you eat there? There always score very low on their Health Inspection......as well as national polls.....

I've never seen a sign in a Waffle House during our travels...certainly no signs in FL...I'm always armed.

Stay armed...order the pecan waffles...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links