Defensive Carry banner

UGLY: Local Class 3 dealer burglarized over the weekend

1K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  XD in SC 
#1 ·
Today I decided to stop by a little gun store over in Acworth that I had seen while out to dinner with my girlfriend. I approached the door, which was covered in plexi-glass and brown paper. As I walked in, I noticed that the counters and walls were, well, pretty much bare, and the 3 guys that own the store were around the register with a bunch of invoices. At first I thought, "Oh, maybe their under new owners or going out of business or something, and I can get some good deals." Then I realized that the glass counter-tops were missing ant the remaining guns were exposed. Then one of the guys said, "Oh, pardon the mess we were broken into on Saturday night, and all the guns they didn't take and that we can fit are in our safes at home." They had stickers all over the front windows advertising the fact that they were a class 3 dealer, and dealt with law enforcement agencies, etc, but had no bars/gates over the windows or door. The thieves just busted the glass out of the door, waltzed in past the security cameras (they had on ski masks), and left with, from what I overheard, several full auto AKs, M4s, MP5s, and other sub-machine guns, along with several cases of ammo and multiple magazines, and all the higher end handguns in the case. Great. Now there are a bunch of stolen automatic weapons in the hands of people who have no regard for the law, and cannot sell them to people who do follow the law. So local gangs/etc. now have automatic weapons (they said several guys committed the robbery).

It's funny, because my girlfriend always talks about how safe the Acworth/Kennesaw area is. When I told her that story she changed her tune real fast.

See less See more
#2 ·
This seems to be happening all over, just a couple of weeks ago at Cheeper-than-Dirt in Ft Worth. And shows even more so why the GG must have protection too. And who knows what kinda weirdo's walked out with all that fire-power.

#4 ·
seriously. the pets store i work at used to be a radio shack, and they had state-of-the-art security systems, and pull-down gates over all the doors and windows. you couldn't have driven a tank through the front of that place. you would think a class 3 dealer would take a little more precautions in securing their merchandise. this is going to be a black eye for the local gun owners if this news gets out, and will surely just fuel anti-gun statistics once the report contributes to FBI crime statistics. they seemed like a bunch of nice guys, but securing enough fire power to arm a small army is just common sense that they don't seem to have.

#6 ·
they sure skipped over this place. they have thin plastic blinds covering the windows and doors, and the rest of the store is just as open as can be. no challenge at all for a BG to break in and get out with a good armful or two of the good stuff (especially if they'd cased the joint) long before LEO's responded to the alarm.

#8 ·
But...it was such a nice neighborhood where people don't do things like that. Secure the area, set up a good defensive perimeter, post security. As we used to say, always follow the 5 P's: Prior Planning Prevents, P...-poor Performance. :blackeye:

#12 ·
For a bunch of 2A people, gun shop owners seem to be really slackin on security.

The local shop here was owned by a high rank official in the S.O. He was hit atleast twice. The shop has since closed. 1st time they wiped it out. Not much left at all. 2nd hit only got 1 handgun that was on the workbench. It was BROKEN. Caused more damage to the building than what the gun was worth.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.