the Nations Gun Show this weekend APR 11

This is a discussion on the Nations Gun Show this weekend APR 11 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The Nations Gun Show this weekend Dulles Expo Center, Chantilly, VA starting April 11 to April 13. The Nations Gun Show Be there Aloha...

The Nations Gun Show this weekend Dulles Expo Center, Chantilly, VA starting April 11 to April 13.

The Nations Gun Show

Be there Aloha
    Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeros everywhere... and I thought I saw a two.

VIP Member
    I think me & the wife will be going on Sunday.

We were also thinking of going by the NRA museum........They're supposed to have the guns of John Wayne on display....thought they'd be worth seeing.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    I liked it a lot when the assault weapons ban expired. You could find some really good deals on mags. Some guys where selling mags for 5-10 dollars, while some still had them priced at $120 it was funny. Assault Rifles where totally wacky priced and I found some awesome deals. Now days, its just the same show over and over, nothing new and it seems like the jewelery people and the airsoft folks are taking over. If I'm in dire need of something I'll hit it up but its just the same show over and over.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Senior Member Array HowardCohodas's Avatar
    Chantilly, VA. Kind of close to DC for me.
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!!
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense

Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    I liked it a lot when the assault weapons ban expired. You could find some really good deals on mags. Some guys where selling mags for 5-10 dollars, while some still had them priced at $120 it was funny. Assault Rifles where totally wacky priced and I found some awesome deals. Now days, its just the same show over and over, nothing new and it seems like the jewelery people and the airsoft folks are taking over. If I'm in dire need of something I'll hit it up but its just the same show over and over.
    I relate the gun show to the computer shows that used to be around. It used to be that they were the best prices around, period. You could haggle with them, and get stuff instantly...it was great. But then the internet sites picked up, and they are even cheaper, and unless you need it on that particular saturday that the show was in town...you were better off ordering it from a website.

Kinda like gun shows now IMHO...glock 23 mags were ~$25-30 for 10 round, I can get the high caps online for $13.80 each plus a few bucks shipping.

I went to the one up in Frederick MD last weekend, and I must say it sucked. I don't know if the one in Chantilly will be any better, and I'm not sure I want to spend the $11 to find out.

There were a ton of old, crappy guns, that looked like someone had dug them out of a mud pit. Ammo prices sucked, you could get better prices online. And gun prices weren't even that great either. I did see a few 'decent' at best deals, but even buying a few little things (CLP for $8 for a big can, some pyrodex & sabots for our black powder rifles for ~$30) I still had to pay the fee to get in which brought me back up to normal prices.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCohodas View Post
    Chantilly, VA. Kind of close to DC for me.
    Chantilly vs. Washington District of Columbia is comparing Night vs. Day.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Quote Originally Posted by goawayfarm View Post
    I think me & the wife will be going on Sunday.

We were also thinking of going by the NRA museum........They're supposed to have the guns of John Wayne on display....thought they'd be worth seeing.
    Selleck Quigley collection is in the museum right now. The WWII exhibit has been cleaned out, last time I checked the special ruger room was still closed.

VIP Member
    I've been in Chantilly for the last 3 days in a job related class. Today was the last day but I'm staying another night to go to the show. What can I say, 'm here, I have an incentive check in my pocket and I need some ammo!! Might even find a gun calling my name!!

Links