New plinker

New plinker

This is a discussion on New plinker within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Today was a nice day so I went for a drive around town. Somehow I found myself at a gun store once again looking to ...

Thread: New plinker

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar

New plinker

Today was a nice day so I went for a drive around town. Somehow I found myself at a gun store once again looking to maybe, just maybe cross off another gun on my list. I found a lonely Ruger 10/22 carbine that was just begging me to take it home. It appeared to be used, but in good shape. I decided to put it on layaway, and should have it out in a couple weeks when my tax rebate comes in.

I'm already looking into getting an aftermarket stock for it too! The Krinker Plinker looks nice, but the price is up there. Anyone have experience with this?

Muzzelite 10 / 22 Bullpup Rifle Stock, Shooting Supplies, Msp at Sportsman's Guide
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Lead Moderator
    congrats on the 10/22, they are excellent rifles. I once owned the bullpup muzzlelite. It is cheap plastic and the trigger is a really heavy. The 2 halves of the body tend to want to flex some during use too. Only the short double stack ramline30 rnd. mag fit(which are also crap)
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

WARNING: You must be 18 or older to purchase Assault Rifle Parts.
    WARNING: Assault Rifle Parts cannot be shipped to CA; Chicago, IL; New York City; NJ; D.C.; MA; Canada or Puerto Rico. Assault Rifle Parts cannot be shipped Parcel Post. Please check your State, County and City laws for restrictions before ordering Assault Rifle Parts.
    Assault rifle? Who do they have writing their catalogs, anti gun people?
    America: Your government is not ignoring you, it's insulting you.

The Bill of Rights: Void where prohibited by law.

Pretty close. SG has taken a less than stellar approach with customers in states bordering other states with capacity/AW restrictions. I pretty much quit buying stuff from ol' Gary. It's pretty rare for him to have something that can't be found at the same or lower price elsewhere, anymore.

To the OP- rocky is spot on. For $20 more you can have the Christie stock, which has a very good rep, so far.
    RUGER® 10/22® SUPER STOCK at Brownells

Same stock at Midway. It's interesting, but the sighting system looks cheap and fragile. The 10/22 is usually a fairly accurate rifle so I'd also be a little hesitant to make it harder to control with what has to be either a complicated or Mickey Mouse trigger system. Here are several other stocks available that may be better quality. If you want something a little ARish, this one looks kind of slick.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

I'm happy for you, and very jealous! I'm in the market for a 10/22 too. They are so stinkin' fun to shoot, and great small game rifles.

IMO, I'd stay away from the heavy-duty mods like the krinker plinker / bullpup kits. Take that money and get yourself a killer scope and a few thousand rounds of .22!

i just got myself a 10/22
    im glad i got it. cheap ammo, and fun
    within 2 weeks ive got a dozen or so prairie dogs and a coyote.
    coyote huntin outside reno nv is good.
    congrats on the gun great can killer too
    "An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."

Congrat on THAT choice for a plunker...lots of inexpensive fun!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links