A gun expediency deal - bit long. - Page 2

A gun expediency deal - bit long.

This is a discussion on A gun expediency deal - bit long. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Ahh - Gardner - missed your posting. Well as I implied in last post - yes I hope to get Brad involved - leaving aside ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Assistant Administrator
    Ahh - Gardner - missed your posting. Well as I implied in last post - yes I hope to get Brad involved - leaving aside his absence from home when at work.

Tomorrow now, all being well, should see me getting them both and my wife to the range for some serious training. Brad may take some working on but now we have Sue armed in her own right - and will get her CCW very soon - I think I can work on Brad over time to bring him up to speed.

They are a very close couple - really great people - and they wouldn't need CCW to make things closer but it sure would be good to achieve. I'll update on this story as things progress.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Senior Member Array older gunner's Avatar
    I think you did admirably and those folks are lucky you care. Let me add a couple of things for you to consider. Hiding the gun in the purse may not be best. Anyone involved in drugs will steal and the first place the boy might look for cash is in his mother's purse. Maybe you can work with her to carry in a pocket, or at least be sure the purse stays in sight. The other thought is about mindset. It's been mentioned, and you've covered it with her, but her greatest hurdle will, IMO, be ability to act decisively if the threat materializes. She'll probably do OK with the mechanics of gun handling and close in shooting with the practice you can give her. Can she bring herself to shoot someone? If she is not really ready for that, having a gun won't help. Good luck with your effort.

Chris, is she getting this weapon and training to protect herself and her kid, or just for herself?
    Seek safety at the heart of danger.

Live Easy, Die Hard

Assistant Administrator
    OG - adequate mindset remains to be seen - in as much as despite many of us feeling we do have the suitable mindset - when push comes to shove, who knows?!! The intention re security is - in purse, with her and under her control - or pocket - or in a particular hiding place she has decided on. She will not be risking leaving it in the least ''available'' to anyone else.

I think tho she will do OK - hoping of course no need for any final sanctions. She is a woman of determination - and has the ''I will not be compromized'' approach. This needs further reinforced to strengthen it.

Q - her prime reason for having a handgun is so she can better take care of herself - and daughter should she be there - as for whether she would wish to protect her son - I think that would be well down the list compared with her own protection and no - he is not an object of protection - he is the cause, the reason she feels a need to have something should any of his ''friends'' decide to call. Any saving of his butt in a problem situation would probably be a mere side isssue.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    .45Fan - you are quite right and I did forget to mention about that. Too much on my mind to remember everything today!

This is still a real ''crash'' course for her - and it'll be a while before that aspect smooths out but hey - this is one of those deals where - looking at the alternatives - we do what we have to do!
    Chris - I as well forgot to mention yesterday - I think you are doing the right thing. Your friends are lucky to have such a caring friend as you. I know you're stressing a bit too, but I think you did what you had to do. Best of luck to all involved, but remember, we make a lot of our own luck, and that's what I see happening here.
    Other co-host of the DogWatch Social Club Podcast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links