Looking for a steel, or stainless 10/22 barrel wedge

This is a discussion on Looking for a steel, or stainless 10/22 barrel wedge within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well yeah, I broke my lightweight 10/22 down today--all the way down, and the wedge may have had a hairline split in it before, but ...

Thread: Looking for a steel, or stainless 10/22 barrel wedge

Looking for a steel, or stainless 10/22 barrel wedge

Well yeah, I broke my lightweight 10/22 down today--all the way down, and the wedge may have had a hairline split in it before, but it's bad now. So bad, she's going to sit until I get a new one. Knowing the weakness of the aluminum block it was made out of, I'm looking for a steel or stainless steel wedge where this won't ever happen again. I'm searching the all powerful internet now, but if anyone has made these, or has some, please let me know. I'd get two of them for sure in steel. I really don't want to go back with the stock aluminum one after this. Maybe I'll be talking with the machinist guys at work tomorrow too. By the way---it's also called the barrel block. Mine are the target models if that matters. Thanks.

2. Remove Ads

I did some Googling for you and didn't come up with anything for terms like:

"10/22 wedge block steel"
    "10/22 bedding block steel"
    "10/22 steel block"

etc... so having one made might be a good idea. Should be an easy job for anyone with a CNC setup.

This page does look promising.. scroll down about 1/4 of the way: 10/22 Accessories "Rimfire Technologies Custom Modified V-Block Machined from a solid piece construction and designed to be used in conjuction with the Micro-Pivot Bedding Kit, or by itself, this high quality V-Block is a must have."

Good luck.

Peace,
    Pete Zaria.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
    - Margaret Mead

"Booger Hook Off the Bang Switch" - unknown

Senior Moderator
    Maybe I'll be talking with the machinist guys at work tomorrow too.
    Take it with you and show it to them. Its not a big deal to make.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Yeah---I'm all over it too. Pete, I saw that on a couple sites, and it's a good idea, but both my 10/22's are good. I don't think I'll be experimenting with bedding anyhow. I will run this by the machinist tomorrow for sure, but Brownells has the stock replacements for $4.06. Other than that this item looks to be hard to find. The factory part number is B66 which most I've found list it that way in their catalog or index. I appreciate y'all checking. I know I do alot of google-ing for the members--the internet is my best friend. This one's kinda rough going.

I kinda like a four dollar and six cent part being the one that fails. The rule of fast Harleys is upgrade the broken part, and find the next weakest one. If your wedge is ultra strong, what fails next? The barrel, or the reciever?

Good point. The machinists said it would be better to get the factory part. I was going to chose some 1/2"x1/2" keystock, and possibly anneal it. The part is small and rather intricate. I'll be getting a couple from Brownell's. I guess I'll just shoot my other 10/22 if the need arises until the parts arrive. Now---what else do I need to make the shipping cost worthwhile? Hmmmmm

Links