Woot! Found a closer outdoor range, you may have one too!

This is a discussion on Woot! Found a closer outdoor range, you may have one too! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'm in Middle Ga and have been visiting Eagle Gun Range in Macon frequently to practice with my pistol. It's an indoor range so rifle ...

Thread: Woot! Found a closer outdoor range, you may have one too!

Woot! Found a closer outdoor range, you may have one too!

I'm in Middle Ga and have been visiting Eagle Gun Range in Macon frequently to practice with my pistol. It's an indoor range so rifle practice isn't an option. There is another outdoor private range on the outskirts of town (Marion Rd Gun Club) but it's expensive to join and they mandate monthly meetings that I'm unable to attend due to my work hours. I read somewhere yesterday that the Bibb Co Sheriff's range and the Warner Robins police range are open to the public unless they have training going on and was able to verify today that's true....well I verified the Bibb Co. range is. From what I was told, it's got covered benches I'm going camping this weekend at Indian Springs state park but I'll be heading out there next Wednesday if it's clear!! I bought a Double Star AR a few months ago that has been suffering from some serious lack of use. Have you guys/gals checked with your local LE agencies to see if you can use their ranges?

2. Remove Ads

HKR
    I just found a range twenty minutes away in Fort Payne, Alabama this weekend. We were heading up I-59 and there it was. I still don't have any info about it but I'm going to call around tomorrow and maybe ride down there and see what its like, who runs it, etc.
    The closet range to me so far has been in Adairsville, Ga, more than an hour away.
    Anyone familiar with the range in Fort Payne?

Camden County resident here. 'Civies' don't have access to the LE ranges down here......I know a few of our local LEO's and I've asked. My favorite range is the Okeefonokee's outdoor range on the other side of Waycross from you. I'm close enough to Jacksonville to go to the indoor ranges there but I dislike 'em.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

HKR
    I did some searching this morning and found this on the Ft. Payne range:

Fortpayne.org : Police Department:

Looks like its open on Saturday mornings for non LEO.

Senior Member Array hudsonvalley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    Camden County resident here. 'Civies' don't have access to the LE ranges down here......I know a few of our local LEO's and I've asked. My favorite range is the Okeefonokee's outdoor range on the other side of Waycross from you. I'm close enough to Jacksonville to go to the indoor ranges there but I dislike 'em.
    I bet it's because the 'majority' of LE don't practice and don't want the general Public to see them miss........that said, I know a few Officers that are QUITE CAPABLE of using that piece of plastic on their hip...but THEY practice!
    Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
    ---Ronald Reagan

Links