AAFES Gun Sales

AAFES Gun Sales

This is a discussion on AAFES Gun Sales within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Greetings, I just returned from a trip to Shreveport / Bossier City / Barksdale AFB, LA. I stopped into the BX on the Base. They ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AAFES Gun Sales

Question AAFES Gun Sales

Greetings,
    I just returned from a trip to Shreveport / Bossier City / Barksdale AFB, LA. I stopped into the BX on the Base. They had Guns for Sale there!!! Way Cool. I live near an Army Base and had never seen this before. Does anyone else know where they do this? And how can I get this at my local base?
    Thanks.

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    I know Elemendorf AFB here in Anchorage Alaska has guns for sale at the BX. I bought a Springfield Mil-Spec 1911 from them.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Wow...

In all my time active duty, and in the reserves, I've never seen an army fort or air force base carry firearms. I think they should carry them, and it really annoys me when I go to work and cannot carry. Kind of funny the people with the biggest and baddest guns out there, cannot even carry their lowly 9mm.

Dave

Bases can be very different. My military base experience was a lot different.

We lived on Adak Naval Air Station, located in Alaska's Aleutian Islands for 7 years. Now the Exchange did not sell guns, but there were guns everywhere on the base.
    The base encompassed the entire island, one couldn't get off the plane without advance clearance. Buying and selling guns was not a problem. I wasn't in the military, I was an administrator for a large (600-700 students) elementary school. I was allowed to keep guns in my home (no registration) and/or take them with me for hunting or target shooting out into the tundra or up in the mountains. We were allowed to hunt freely, and the base had two ranges (one skeet).
    Alaska was a great place to live...only Florida is better...OMO, of course!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Amazing change for AAFES, the last time I saw any guns for sale in a BX was when I purchased a Glenfield Model 60 22lr at Eglin AFB in 1971.

The BX at Eglin AFB,FL has all kinds of guns for sale. They started selling them begining of 07 and they are selling like crazy especially the ar-15s.
    Benelli Nova Tactical
    Sig P250 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyeinok View Post
    Greetings,
    I just returned from a trip to Shreveport / Bossier City / Barksdale AFB, LA. I stopped into the BX on the Base. They had Guns for Sale there!!! Way Cool. I live near an Army Base and had never seen this before. Does anyone else know where they do this? And how can I get this at my local base?
    Thanks.
    How was my hometown looking?
    -Never insult a man you are not prepared to fight, and never fight a man you are not prepared to kill.

I was a military USAF brat from 1957 til 1974 and active duty from 1976 to 78,I never saw guns for sale in the BX but i did admire the knife display
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Lejune had rifles in their PX, I think that PI might of too, no such luck here in the Pacific, decent knife selection though.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Lead Moderator
    My first time in Korea (1965-6) the main PX sold firearms through the special order desk. That was the only time I ever saw firearms on the PX.

The Rod & Gun Clubs used to sell sell firearms also, don't know if they still do.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

I was the buyer for the McCord AFB Rod & Gun club. Never did see AAFES or any other place beside the Rod & Gun club. I did get some good deals while at McCord. We had a wholesailer down town in Tacoma and the last gun I picked up from them for myself was a Mod 70 Winchester 264 Winchester Magnum.
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

Yeah here in Jacksonville at the main side (camp lejuene) PX they sell rifles, shotguns, pistols, and bows. The last time I was in there, they had a couple of hundred guns in there. And they have tons of knives to go with the guns. Makes the other outdoor sporting goods stores in town look like Wal Mart. They used to sell them at the PX on the airstation too but stopped a few years back.

I'm about an hour drive from the Luke AFB, so I don't go to the exchange very often. But if they are carrying handguns, I may have to make a visit to check it out. I wonder how they determine their prices?

B52
    I wish they did at the BX's in Arizona. I went back home (Ft Walton, Fl) for X-mas and was amazed to see Bushmasters at Eglin's BX...I am so jealous!!!

Senior Member Array bluelineman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spyderdude View Post
    I know Elemendorf AFB here in Anchorage Alaska has guns for sale at the BX. I bought a Springfield Mil-Spec 1911 from them.
    I almost bought a Ruger from the BX when I was stationed there. Are the ammo prices decent there?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links