Mad props, St. JMB

Mad props, St. JMB

This is a discussion on Mad props, St. JMB within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Last night was my first complete strip-down of my Springfield Mil Spec (complete as in could be sold as a kit). I have to say, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mad props, St. JMB

Mad props, St. JMB

Last night was my first complete strip-down of my Springfield Mil Spec (complete as in could be sold as a kit). I have to say, my respect for Saint John Moses Browning has increased exponentially. To be able to design something as clever as this, from the way the mag release holds the trigger, the various contact points of the leaf spring, all of it, and to do so without the help of a CAD program or something similar is mind blowing. Then to make it his specs, consistently...

Yeah, just felt like sharing. Mad props, St. Browning. Next time, though, if the thumb safety/slide stop spring and its two plungers want to fly off to who knows where, you're chasing them down.

-B

Administrator
    Why are you mad?
    "Just blame Sixto"

What, cops aren't familiar with the slang us youngin's use? "Mad props" is kinda like saying "Way to go," only not sarcastically. I really do have immense respect for what he managed to do, moreso now that I've torn it down. I was a tad peeved at the spring, but hey, my fault for doing it at night.

-B

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by BAC View Post
    Last night was my first complete strip-down of my Springfield Mil Spec (complete as in could be sold as a kit). I have to say, my respect for Saint John Moses Browning has increased exponentially. To be able to design something as clever as this, from the way the mag release holds the trigger, the various contact points of the leaf spring, all of it, and to do so without the help of a CAD program or something similar is mind blowing. Then to make it his specs, consistently...

Yeah, just felt like sharing. Mad props, St. Browning. Next time, though, if the thumb safety/slide stop spring and its two plungers want to fly off to who knows where, you're chasing them down.

-B
    Fo' shizzle yo.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Fo' shizzle yo.
    LMAO
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

OD*
    Next time, though, if the thumb safety/slide stop spring and its two plungers want to fly off to who knows where, you're chasing them down.
    JMB thought of that too. Tear down a Colt and you will find the plunger spring has a kink in the middle, it keeps the spring from shooting off into the wild blue. Put your own kink in the spring and it won't happen again.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Fo' shizzle yo.
    More common vernacular is "Fo rill", locally. Granted, the Ebonics might be different in Virginia.

OD, that's a GREAT idea. Glad JMB thought of it but someone at Springfield thought it'd be funny to make me tear through the win racks to find it. Conspiracy, I tell you. Those little magnet wands from Home Depot work pretty well, by the way. Pulled up a couple staples.

-B

OD*
    John Moses was THE man.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by BAC View Post
    What, cops aren't familiar with the slang us youngin's use? "Mad props" is kinda like saying "Way to go," only not sarcastically. I really do have immense respect for what he managed to do, moreso now that I've torn it down. I was a tad peeved at the spring, but hey, my fault for doing it at night.

-B
    Check it... know what I'm sayin? For rill, Yo! I was just pickin with ya fool! DOnT bE trIpPin on dat shizz. Know what I'm sayin?
    "Just blame Sixto"

Don't hate, cu!

-B

The 1911 is art in steel, a perfect example of form follows function.

Such beauty, such class, such stopping power.

Administrator
    Back on topic, yes JMB did design the best of the best, he set the bench mark for all combat pistols... Fo Sho Cuz!
    "Just blame Sixto"

Yup his design is "really far out man"
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911packer View Post
    The 1911 is art in steel, a perfect example of form follows function.

Such beauty, such class, such stopping power.
    Such a nice trigger pull. The best there is I think, just something about those 1911 triggers. And to heap more praise on St. John lets not forget everybodies favorite Ma Deuce.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

And the B.A.R. Timmy.

SIX, methinks you have spent too much time dealing with Cincy area "gangstas" IF ya dig wha ima say'n bro, fo realz.

JMB definately had a genius for givin American troops the weapons that would help them win.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links