Here's a Hard One: One Gun Company

This is a discussion on Here's a Hard One: One Gun Company within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Heaven forbid this should ever happen, but what if for some strange reason you had to buy all of your guns from a single manufacturer? ...

Heaven forbid this should ever happen, but what if for some strange reason you had to buy all of your guns from a single manufacturer?

Personally I would not enjoy this as some makers make things I don't like even though they make things I do like, and some makers I can afford their low end but their high end is just beyond me.

I've thought about this actually. First I considered Colt, but then realized the Colts I drool over are hard to get and hard to find and very expensive. It would not be practical, but in theory it sounds good.

I also considered Springfield Armory, but the only rifle they make is super expensive, and they don't make revolvers.

Smith and Wesson at one point in their history might have been all right but handguns only would be too restricting, and I had the same problem trying to reconcile myself to any firm that only makes long guns even if I do like their long guns.

Taurus I considered because if we rope in Rossi with Taurus, we have a small variety of rifles and shotguns, even if they're not ideal combat rifles and shotguns.

Ultimately, I decided I'd have to go with Ruger. I wouldn't be completely happy with this, but they're affordable and I actually like most of their stuff. I admit I really really want to like the Mini 14 but I don't. Then again, people in Kalifornia get by on Mini 14s and they can be fixed if you put enough money into it. They don't make a pump action shotgun either and I'm not happy about that at all, but I could deal. Everything else they make I like enough I could deal with it.

Of course this would be a sub par existence and I much prefer my patchwork collection from several different militaries and commerical manufacturers, but it's a frustrating mental excercise and it really makes you consider your priorities.

It would be ruger for me there autos are big and blocky i have one but reliable as all get out as are there rifles and revolvers

Lead Moderator
    HK. they make long guns, sub guns and pistols. all work very well.

Assistant Administrator
    Needless to say - thank heaven for choice and diversity.

Forced into a corner tho I also would go into the Ruger camp - being able to find pretty much all I'd need for a hearty war!!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Hk would be great but since ya cant buy most of there stuff here i said ruger but the Hk thought did cross my mind

Administrator

First One That Crossed My Mind Was HK

But, I could live with a Colt .45 (w/ maybe an "add on" .22 conversion kit) & an AR15.

Interesting Thread Euc.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Links