Glenn Beck Has Gun Week

Glenn Beck Has Gun Week

This is a discussion on Glenn Beck Has Gun Week within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just an FYI, Glenn Beck is supposed to be talking about guns all week. Glenn Beck...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glenn Beck Has Gun Week

Glenn Beck Has Gun Week

Just an FYI, Glenn Beck is supposed to be talking about guns all week.
    Glenn Beck

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    I don't agree with a lot of what Glenn Beck says, but I do agree with him 100% on 2A issues. Today's interview with Chris Cox was awesome. A must read.

I have to agree. His affiliation with CNN bothers me. It seems the older I get the fewer people I trust!

VIP Member
    I do agree with alot he says and am surprised CNN airs him. I'll be watching fo sho...

VIP Member
    I watched the first installment. He had the LA gov. talking about his bill to prevent confiscations. Glenn also made fun of the NY lawyers that want to ban references to the "2nd Amendment" in the upcoming court case. Not too bad of a segment. I'll try to catch the rest of them this week.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

I was let down by the fact that in his one hour show, less than 10 min. tonite was on 2A. We will see how the week progresses.
    Don't get me wrong, I am grateful that he is doing this.

Cool, I like Glenn Beck.
    God bless our troops!

i usually like glenn beck, but his latest crusade against video games has stopped me from watching his show in recent weeks. i guess i'll have to watch this week.

I've been a long time listener of Glenn Beck (started way back before he got into CNN) and I can tell you that he hasn't changed since joining CNN. If anything it's a step in the right direction for them.

As for recent stuff, I haven't listened to him in a LOOONG time (about a year now) because of a change in jobs and less time driving.

Anyway, props to Glenn for bringing up the 2A!

I didn't 'discover' Glenn until he started doing the TV stuff for CNN. I like most of what he says and certinly give him props for taking the 2A to CNN's airwaves. I missed last nights installment but I'm gonna try to pay attention for the rest of the week. Having Louisiana's governer on last night, did he bring up the 'carry on campus' bill going through La.'s house?
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

I've been a long time listener of Glenn Beck (started way back before he got into CNN) and I can tell you that he hasn't changed since joining CNN. If anything it's a step in the right direction for them.
    That says it all. When Glenn was about to go on CNN, he agonized a lot (on the air) about it, being in "the enemy camp" and all, but ultimately decided it was a good way to expose CNN listeners to the truth.
    I have listened to him for three or four years now, I think. His main video game problem is with Grand Theft Auto IV, I think. I, as a cop, pretty much have a problem with it, too. I also understand how some video games, with some people can cause desensitization to violence (see David Grossman's work) until some research can show me otherwise.
    Moron Trivia IS the greatest game show of ALL time....
    What Would Gumby Do?

Agreed sheepdog. I've listened too him for a while as well and you pretty much have it pegged.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    Having Louisiana's governer on last night, did he bring up the 'carry on campus' bill going through La.'s house?
    Nope. No mention of that. It's a big enough movement, maybe later in the week.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdog View Post
    That says it all. When Glenn was about to go on CNN, he agonized a lot (on the air) about it, being in "the enemy camp" and all, but ultimately decided it was a good way to expose CNN listeners to the truth.
    I have listened to him for three or four years now, I think. His main video game problem is with Grand Theft Auto IV, I think. I, as a cop, pretty much have a problem with it, too. I also understand how some video games, with some people can cause desensitization to violence (see David Grossman's work) until some research can show me otherwise.
    How about a three-year study by professors at Harvard Medical? Their findings are detailed in a new book that's getting almost no media attention. Glenn even interviewed one of the authors on his CNN a couple weeks ago and didn't let her get a word in edgewise. In my opinion it was one of the worst interviews Glenn has ever conducted. Their findings basically show that most children can play violent games without issue, but like you said, some are at more to being desensitized than others. It all comes down to personal responsibility in my opinion. Which Glenn has always claimed to be an advocate for. It's an M rated game. It's not for kids, and (despite media reports) hasn't been marketed to kids. If parents buy it for their kids, that's their fault and they have to deal with the consequences.

grand theft childhood?

Sorry for getting off-topic. I won't post here about this again. I just wanted to get the link to sheepdog.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdog View Post
    Hahahaha I forgot all about that, it runs during football season right? God I'm gonna have to join his premium crap or whatever so I can download his shows, I'm never around a radio when he's on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links