Joined local rifle club

Joined local rifle club

This is a discussion on Joined local rifle club within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well I am now an official member of my local rifle club which has a nice range out in the boonies. Last Sat. I went ...

Thread: Joined local rifle club

Ex Member Array HollowpointHank's Avatar

Joined local rifle club

Well I am now an official member of my local rifle club which has a nice range out in the boonies. Last Sat. I went and attended range orientation and got the combo to the gate. After orientation I got my little AK-22 out of the car. Funny story about that gun. I went to my gun dealer and asked him if he would order me an AK-22. He hemm-hawed around and said he couldn't(never did figure out why). But he said wait a minute and went to his back room. He emerged with an old AK-22 without a butt stock. It seems he had bought this gun in a police auction. It had been seized from a drug dealer. He had had it since 1998!!! He had tried to find the metal piece to attach a butt stock to it and had never had any luck. He said he would let me have it for $50.00. I inspected it and racked it and agreed. I took it home and cleaned and polished it and loaded a clip of rounds. As soon as I racked it, it jammed! No matter how much oil I used it still jammed. I unloaded and felt the mag spring, it seemed a bit weak. I found an AK-22 mag at firingpin.com and ordered it. When it arrived I tried again. The bullets fed just fine. But no where to shoot my little bargain. So now as a member of the rifle club I can fire it. It performed flawlessly. I was very happy to say the least. I still don't have that metal part that connects the butt stock to the frame, but hey, you can't beat the price for a semi auto 22!!!

Assistant Administrator
    HPH - what a great deal Even if parts missing - now you have that functional it must be a blast!

Good to have a rifle club membership - particularly for those times when you need to shoot 100 and 200 yards with centerfire.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Ex Member Array HollowpointHank's Avatar
    Absolutely. More fun than a barrel of monkies! I was using some ammo I bought online that generates 1750fps!!!

Sponsored Links