Defensive Carry banner

Winchester Models 94 and 9422

4K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  ridurall 
#1 ·
Would anyone happen to know what a good condition Model 94 would go for, ballpark figure, and besides that, a .22 Model 9422, which I don''t see too many of. Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
There are a bunch on gunbroker.com. Most are going for $350-$550. There are some a little cheaper & a lot of others for more.....don't be turned off by the stocks finish unless cracked....a few dents & dings adds character & refinishing of the stock is easy & won't hurt value. If you get a really good deal on one that isn't that old, but the bluing is not good......go ahead & have it re-blued or even Parkerized (I've re-done one that I Parkerized & put on synthetic stock...now it's an all weather gun!

That being said......prices vary depending on condition, age & seller's attachment. The cheapest I've paid for an angle-eject was $75. The most I've paid for one made at the beginning of WW2 was $425. I however, shop for bargains & don't own any of the rare ones, which bring a premium.

Most will have issues around the receiver where the bluing will be worn & the metal likely to be pitted. This is caused by the balance point for carrying one handed happens to be right across the receiver. Inspect the innards & barrel as a lot of the rifles were saddle & truck guns. They may not have been taken care of...... Most will be carried a lot & shot very little.

Prices will be cheapest on the 30-30s, pistol calibers will be slightly higher...remaining rifle calibers will be higher yet.

Here's a couple of examples...the one in the middle I paid $75, the one on the right $325....go figure.....(one on the left is the Park'd one)

Attachments

#3 ·
Thanks. Hardly ever see a Model 9422??

#4 ·
The .22s are rarer to find. Most you find will be is good shape & they want a premium for them.

Can't hardly go wrong with a Winchester lever gun....everybody should own at least one (or eight...!).

#5 ·
Ah, the ubiquitous Winchester Model 94 "thutty-thutty", probably the most common deer rifle in America. Every gun shop had several in their racks. You could always find a new one if you wanted one.

Then Winchester went out of business a couple of years ago, and they became instant collector's items, with the attendant high prices.

I'll always regret not buying one or two when they were in production.

#8 ·
I'm surprised they aren't more money, with Winchester having gone out of business, but although the prices are higher, they are still not out of sight.
There is just something about the Model 94 as opposed to a Marlin etc. I don't know what it is.

#9 ·
I've got a 9422M that I purchased about 15 years ago for $300. It's a great shooter and taken many a crow, cat, feral dog and prairie dogs at ranges around 125 yards. I wouldn't sell it for $600. Even though I sold a nice post 64 Winchester model 70 375 H&H to a friend for $400 so he has it on his hunt to Africa. I've also got a model 94 30-30 that my father and I picked up for $44 back in the early 70's from a pawn shop. One of the guys that he worked with pawned it and was not going to redeem it so he gave Dad the pawn ticket. While I'm not a fan of hunting deer with a 30-30 it is a nice piece of history. I just wish it was a pre 64 model.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.