Oregon/sound supressors - Page 2

Oregon/sound supressors

This is a discussion on Oregon/sound supressors within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Tubby45 There is no reason to pay $900 for a suppressor for any gun. Any decent $300-400 suppressor will serve you just ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Oregon/sound supressors

Quote Originally Posted by Tubby45 View Post
    There is no reason to pay $900 for a suppressor for any gun. Any decent $300-400 suppressor will serve you just fine.
    Well, there is weight and coating. Polymer pistols tend to be hard on the frames with extra weight up front, so Ti or similar is worth it. On a LG, that's not much of an issue to the civilian shooter. Good ceramic coatings will increase the life of your internals, so...

Just depends on how much you plan to use it and what you have to spend.

Gomer, IIRC, NV is extremely ClassIII friendly.

For a Ti can with ceramic coated baffle(s), I wouldn't pay more than $600 for one. If I'm paying $900, it better include the transfer tax and a few hundred rounds of ammo.

I haven't heard of a civilian wearing out an aluminum alloy can on a pistol. Maybe it's like Fight Club and they don't talk about it.
    NONAME762 likes this.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

I agree with you, but that is more than a $400 premium.

People with nice toys like that aren't abusers, in general, shooting FA or 1K SA through one. OTOH, I view that like my spare parts box- I want the ability and/or parts to maintain my high $$ tools well into the next generation.

Oregon, "Portland Oregon gun friendly"

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner69 View Post
    Right on the money for Oregon even here in the Portland Metro area the area is extremely gun friendly...
    I hate to pop someone's bubble but Oregon not just the Portland Metro area but Western Oregon in general is anything but gun friendly. They're not as bad as a lot of other places but they are not in reality gun friendly. The reason being that we have been invaded by the Californians who endeavor to make is nothing but a northern County of San Francisco.
    As a retired gunsmith I would not call Reagan friendly towards guns but they are not unfriendly at this point in time there almost neutral but leaning to the left.

AS I understand it the washer acts as a sound buffer in conjunction with the 'fuzz' inside the can. In WA state where I am suppressors are now legal for regular guys like me providing I put in the paperwork.
    -------------------------
    Is the Rogue River area of Oregon still gun friendly? Back in the 80s that part of Oregon was Survivalist&Gun friendly.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

You guys know this thread is 5 years old, right?
    "Freedom and discipline have come to be regarded as mutually exclusive, when in fact freedom is not at all the opposite, but the final reward of discipline" - Elisabeth Elliot

"While they are saying, “Peace and safety!” then destruction will come upon them suddenly" 1Thess 5:3

Senior Moderator
    Yeah...so?

Suppressors are more popular now than they ever have been.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I did not find Portland Metro real gun friendly even when when I was a LEO but central and southern Oregon is super

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Yeah...so?

Suppressors are more popular now than they ever have been.
    I've never thought much about suppressors before, or had much interest in them, but now you have me curious, HotGuns. I went ahead and read through this thread.

I see that you have made suppressors. What are the design elements in something like this? Is there a site someplace I can go to that has some very basic info for someone who is a complete suppressor neophyte, where I might be able to see how the various models go about doing what they do?

I've been a machinist for 15 years, but I've never done ANY gun work. It seems like a project like this could actually be a little interesting.

Any suggestions you might make to help me educate myself before I take the shotgun approach of a Google search?
    "Freedom and discipline have come to be regarded as mutually exclusive, when in fact freedom is not at all the opposite, but the final reward of discipline" - Elisabeth Elliot

"While they are saying, “Peace and safety!” then destruction will come upon them suddenly" 1Thess 5:3

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links