625 N-Frame

625 N-Frame

This is a discussion on 625 N-Frame within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; What can ya tell em about a 625 i know chris has one anyone else ? Also what can ya tell me about N-frames in ...

Thread: 625 N-Frame

625 N-Frame

What can ya tell em about a 625 i know chris has one anyone else ?

Also what can ya tell me about N-frames in general Rember i know almost nothing of smiths but the X frame

I know we have discussed the carrying a moon Clip in another thread so thats been covers

I might Carry it i might not i dont usually carry wheelies to much though i have been carrying my 38 snub past 2 weeks a lot

I only have the one N frame in the form of my 629 but I love it. It's a lot of gun to be sure, but you just have to hold it to appreciate it.

I can also tell you that shooting something like a .44 Special or a 45 ACP out of an N frame is a very nice shooting experience, especially if your particular specimen has a nice trigger. That relatively light recoil out of a relatively heavy steel gun with revolver ergonomics has huge Grin Factor.

The term I like to use to describe it is "Confidence Inspiring". It's the single overall easiest to use handgun I own in any regard I can think of.

Assistant Administrator
    Bud - as I think you know I am an ''N Frameophile" - they are to me Smiths peak of revo strength and grandeur. I do prefer the older ones - pinned/recessed, wonderful blue and no darned lock crap.

I have the 625 as you remembered - then the three 357's and also the 629. Oh and the M28-2 which is a slightly downbeat M27. For 44 mag the extra meat and weight of the N helps a lot - same really with stout 357's.

Treating this as an ''N Frame thread'' - gives me an excuse to post pics again!

The N is for most too big for carry tho IMO 4" and shorter is still viable - I did carry the M28 for quite a while, having a rig that suited it well. They are certainly worth considering for hunting guns tho if upping loads to stellar levels then perhaps Ruger offerings more robust long term.

If you like revo's I will say - and be fairly certain of this - pick up an N frame and it feels - well - orgasmic!

Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

If you are looking for another carry option - check out the S&W Performace Center 625-10. Its a six shot, scandium frame, stainless barrel and cylinder. It comes with both Eagle wood boot grips and a full size Hogue rubber. I just posted similar pics on another thread but will attach another one here for you to drool.
    Attached Images

Links