New shooter (my daughter)

This is a discussion on New shooter (my daughter) within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by nlghthawk She aimed and fired and hit the target from 15yards in the ring. 1ST SHOT EVER!!Woohoo!!! My oldest did the same ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New shooter (my daughter)

Quote Originally Posted by nlghthawk View Post
    She aimed and fired and hit the target from 15yards in the ring. 1ST SHOT EVER!!Woohoo!!!
    My oldest did the same thing on her first time out. A few minutes later she was outshooting everyone there, and I mean everyone. Rifle, Pistol, Revolver, didn't matter. She is a natural and loved it.

I did have to put her in her place though. She took the first shot at a silhouette once and hit right on the nose. I thought she would not shut up. "I betcha can't do that Daddeeeee....... I betcha can't top that!!!!!!!

Oh well, I never said I couln't be childish at times. I just had to do the "Leathal Weapon" thing and draw her a face with her supplying the nose. Yes, I shot one eye closed and took my sweet time but it was perfect. She hadn't seen the movie so it rated a "Not, bad" and a "Pretty cool" so I did OK. BTW, the target was at about 10 yards and I was shooting a Beretta Cougar 9mm.

THEN, a year or so later she got weird.

She claims she still has that happy face target though.

Teach your kids how to shoot. They will probably love it and it may save their life someday.

2. Remove Ads

Similar story with my 16 year old daughter. I bought a Buckmark to get her started and even took her to a range where I knew the instructor real well. The instructor took over for me so that "ignore whatever dad says" attitude wouldn't kick in. He was very nice and patient. She learned all about safety and absolutely loved shooting.

We haven't progressed to a 9mm or .45 yet but we'll get there in good time. I really enjoy spending this time with my daughter and the added plus is that she is learning something that just might come in handy sometime in her future.
    Tom

Glock 19
    Kimber Gold Combat Stainless II
    Wilson Combat Tactcial Supergrade
    Wilson Combat Tactical Supergrade Compact

Great news...
    A family that shoots together...stays together.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links