Ranges in Tampa

This is a discussion on Ranges in Tampa within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Can anyone suggest any GOOD safe ranges in Tampa, FL. I will be in the 33606 zip code. Costs?...

Thread: Ranges in Tampa

Ranges in Tampa

Can anyone suggest any GOOD safe ranges in Tampa, FL. I will be in the 33606 zip code.

Costs?

2. Remove Ads

BAC
    For indoor ranges, Shooting Sports is nice; $10 shooting fee per person for the whole day and they have a great rental policy. There's a good inexpensive outdoor range (range only, no store) right by St. Leo University, a gun shop being right up the road (major Glock haters), which is only $5 per person per day and they give out free gun locks if you don't have 'em (). Those are the two in the area that I visit, but for rifles we've been taking road-trips to Teneroc Shooting Sports in Lakeland, which is right up the road from Anvil Arms (wish they had a store front). Mark and Christine are amazing people who make the drive worth it. Their prices are pretty darn good, too.

Those are the only places I shoot at, for now. I avoid places that charge per-hour, and there's many down here and most of those are plain rip-offs (Knight's comes to mind).

-B

thanks a lot. So Is it safe to assume that shooting sports is pistol only? I was in that store a few months ago. I want to be able to shoot the AR along with my pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by lopadrino79 View Post
    thanks a lot. So Is it safe to assume that shooting sports is pistol only? I was in that store a few months ago. I want to be able to shoot the AR along with my pistols.
    Last time I was at Shooting Sports (not a regular...visiting family), someone was sighting in a rifle in one of the lanes. I think they have a couple of lanes for rifles only.

Heck, as I recall, someone else was shooting a 12 gauge shottie in the pistol lanes.

-JT

BAC
    Shooting Sports caters to pistol shooters, but will also accept rifles shooting pistol cartridges and shotguns. You'd need to check with them to see what kind of shells they prefer; I never use shotguns there. They have a separate rifle range that charges hourly, but I've never used it either.

Best bet is to give them a call; I believe with an AR they might put you in the four or five lanes separated from the others by a wall, or require you use the rifle range.

-B

Links