Defensive Carry banner

Do you store an extra magazine with your gun at night?

• Yes

Votes: 108 86.4%
  • No

Votes: 17 13.6%

Extra magazine at night

3K views 39 replies 39 participants last post by  garn 
#1 ·
When you go to bed, do you store an extra magazine with your gun on/in the nightstand?

#4 ·
If I am near my firearm (and I always am...), I'm also near an extra mag...always...:yup:

Stay armed...don't leave home without it (extra mag)...stay safe!

#13 ·
#18 ·
I do one better. i put my 1911 on the nightstand along with my two spare mags
then I pull the Desert Warrior with the X200 and two 10 round mags and put those there...right next to the AR15 loaded with 75 grain Hornady TAPs
I don't want to mess with stumbling to the safe when the zombies hit

#19 ·
Ha, ha, ha.... I have 2 guns... so I don't have to worry initially about reloading a clip ) ....... then 2 extra clips for each. A shotgun and 2 other handguns are only 5 steps and a 4 digit number away.

#23 ·
No extra magazine, just the P-3at and flash light.

While my shtf plan is not the best, if I had to guess, most of us on this forum are better prepared than 99% of the population.

Long term plan is to buy something used such as a Glock/XD type that has a high capacity magazine, mount a light to the rail (not necessarily always use it) I would also have a handheld flashlight, purchase 1 spare magazine for it, and keep it in a small safe on/buy the bed. At night I would swap out my ECD for the night gun and should be good to go for bumps in the night.

Z

#24 ·
Whatever pistol I have access too also has at least one spare mag in a mag holder on whatever pants I will be donning as I get out of bed.

870 and other goodies are also available to defend the family and home if necessary.

#25 ·
I keep the 19 in the bedstand with 1 in the chamber, holstered. Then 3 spare loaded mags and 100 rds of ball ammo. I just want to be ok if the zombies come.:comeandgetsome: Oh i also got the savage 5ft away. But that is no good in the house but incase i go to the roof to pick some off. I need to stop come up with a better senario. LOL

#28 ·
One extra magazine for 2 different pistols I may be carrying. I'll carry the G30 for awhile and then the P99. Its easier to keep 2 magazines in the nightstand. I also keep extra loaded magazines in my SUV. Plus an extra on me when out and about. I use 16 round magazines for SD ammo and have 3 of them. I have 15 rd magazines for target and practice shooting.

Its possible for me to have 64 SD rounds available when out of town with the Walther.

#30 ·
I keep two 10 round mags in a double mag holster inside my safe along with my carry gun of that day loaded with a third 10 rd. mag., minimum.

Most often though two pistols are kept there along with 3 to 4 mags per pistol and chambering be it .45 or 9MM.
I grab a gun and the mag holster in one motion with ease. The safe is digital and I've memorized the keypad and practiced at entering the code in pitch black (bathroom with door closed and light out).

It's better to have too much at hand than not enough, and need it.

- Janq

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.