Need help; FULL disassembly of a Baby Eagle

This is a discussion on Need help; FULL disassembly of a Baby Eagle within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I am going to Duracoat my Baby Eagle, and I need FULL detailed disassembly instructions beyond your basic field strip. This would include removal of ...

Thread: Need help; FULL disassembly of a Baby Eagle

Need help; FULL disassembly of a Baby Eagle

I am going to Duracoat my Baby Eagle, and I need FULL detailed disassembly instructions beyond your basic field strip. This would include removal of the trigger assembly, hammer assembly, safety and extractor. The firing pin is the same as my Desert Eagle so no issue there.

I have contacted Magnum Research and received no help there. I was promised that they would send out the requested info, and all I received was another catalog. The owners manual does not even include removal of the firing pin.

I gather that I will have to punch out several roll pins, but I am sure that there is an order, and notices of little surprises, like springs and so on. Assembly I suspect will also have some important info as well.

I did a search on Google, and met with little success, but I am still looking.

Anybody here help a brother out?
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    See if this helps.
    Complete disassembly of the Desert Eagle Vid (slide & frame) except for the frame trigger assembly but, you should be able to figure that out on your own.
    Not sure how close the specs are to your Baby Eagle.
    You can make that determination.

YouTube - Desert Eagle .44 Magnum Disassembly/Reassembly PART1

Or you could just cheat and send your Baby Eagle to Magnum Research custom shop for a complete refinish in the finish of your choice.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    See if this helps.
    Complete disassembly of the Desert Eagle Vid (slide & frame) except for the frame trigger assembly but, you should be able to figure that out on your own.
    Not sure how close the specs are to your Baby Eagle.
    You can make that determination.

YouTube - Desert Eagle .44 Magnum Disassembly/Reassembly PART1

Or you could just cheat and send your Baby Eagle to Magnum Research custom shop for a complete refinish in the finish of your choice.
    Massive difference between the Desert Eagle (I have one), and the Baby Eagle. Two completely different animals.

My BE is also known as a Jericho. I am going to try to expand my search on that as well as a CZ 75 (supposedly the BE/Jericho is a close copy).

As of yet, still no luck.

As for sending my BE back to MR, I am a DIY kind of person and can not afford their fees.
    Sticks

A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    Try EAA Witness. It's a clone and might offer a better schematic for you.
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

Administrator
    Still looking for you. It's not a firearm that I'm familiar with though.
    I just checked the Brownell's vids and gunsmith manuals and no luck there either.

Ditto.

Nothing that I can locate on Jericho 941 or Baby Eagle.

I checked out CZ and EAA, both are frame mounted safety, and any online manuals are only user manuals... "Further disassembly is not required and should only be performed by a gunsmith".

This may turn into a mount a video camera and disassemble in a small closed glass box. I hate it when the little springs suddenly pop out of nowhere and you never hear them land, or if you are lucky enough to find it in your eyebrow, you can't figure out the orientation or clocking.

I really want to do a top notch job, but I may just have to mask off the mechanical portions and hope for the best.

If all else fails, at least I have my wifes gun as a reference.
    Sticks

See also Sheep

Administrator
    The only problem is that with DuraCoat you'll need to bake that finish and I sure would not bake any gun springs on a defensive firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    The only problem is that with DuraCoat you'll need to bake that finish and I sure would not bake any gun springs on a defensive firearm.
    Check again. They have two different kinds.

DuraBake, and regular DuraCoat. The regular version, you have the option to bake at a lower temp, but not necessary.

DuraCoat Refinishing Notes

* Generally you need only wait overnight, or 1 hour if baked at 110 degrees F, to reassemble and fire you weapon. Most abrasive solvents, cleaners, and lubricants can also be used at this point. Full cure time for DuraCoat is four to six weeks.
    * DuraCoat colors can be mixed with each other to match any color in the Spectrum.
    * When using multiple colors, such as camouflage patterns, DuraCoat Clear will even out the sheen, or reflection differences between colors, giving your surface an even, finished appearance.
    * The ideal mixing ratio of DuraCoat to DuraCoat Hardener is 12 parts DuraCoat to 1 part Hardener. You can make your finish glossier or shinier by adding a little more Hardener, up to 10:1. You can make the finish duller, or more matte by using less Hardener, down to 14:1. Any greater or lesser ratio of Hardener may negatively affect durability.
    * DuraCoat can be applied in a multitude of textures, with dry film thickness from .25 mils to 1.5 mils. You may add more on high-wear areas where tolerance is not an issue. The thicker and heavier you spray, the shinier your finish will become.
    * To remove any adhesive that remains when you peel off your stencil, user mineral spirits and a clean rag. Mineral spirits will not remove the newly applied DuraCoat, but will dissolve the stencil adhesive.

Cooking at 110 would not worry me a bit. Gun temps can exceed that pretty easily, let alone ambient temps.
    Sticks

See also Sheep

VIP Member
    Sticks, you may want to buy the schematics from Numrich.

Magnum Research*|*BABY EAGLE*|*e-GunParts.com
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Administrator
    "Just blame Sixto"

Hi there. Feel free to contact me via PM. I've got the full book on it, and a scanner that works :)

It'll take some digging, but I also used to have a full .pdf file on my baby.

Also, semi OT: Which coat are you going with, and what caliber do you shoot? Mine's a 9 :)
    Some people don't deserve saving.

....the water is almost at a boil

Quote Originally Posted by Mercalf View Post
    Hi there. Feel free to contact me via PM. I've got the full book on it, and a scanner that works :)

It'll take some digging, but I also used to have a full .pdf file on my baby.

Also, semi OT: Which coat are you going with, and what caliber do you shoot? Mine's a 9 :)
    Oh, thank the gods!

PM is on it's way. Let me know if you did not get it, DC was acting a bit funky this morning.

I received this from Magnum Research
    There is no extra detail for disassembly beyond the manual.

If you need further assistance you may always contact our Customer Service/Technical Support Department at 1-800-772-6168 or 1-763-574-1868, Monday-Friday 8:30-4:30 CST. Thank you.
    Of course, the "if you need" is the signature line.

I guess in short they are just the distributor. Maybe I should have looked for the Israeli Weapons Industry web site, not that that would have sent up red flags all over the three letter orgs (CIA, NSA, FBI ...)
    Sticks

See also Sheep

Hello Sticks and Mercalf

It's been 4 years since your original posts, but I am hoping you may catch my VERY late reply. I just got a Baby Desert Eagle 9mm, the polymer version, and have been desperately trying to find a guide for detailed strip to polish the internal parts, as the DA trigger pull is pretty rough (SA is quite smooth). Mercalf, you mentioned having a guide to this pistol you were going to send Sticks - do either of you two good folks still have those that I could beg from you? I've also tried the internet searches that Sticks tried in 2008, and still to no avail. If you can help, I'd sure appreciate it. I'm not sure how to PM someone on this forum, but hopefully you will catch this request and can reach me. Thanks!

Full Disassembly wanted as well

I too have one of the first 500 off the boat in the US when these first came out. I still have the box and the little Stork flyer with the diaper that came with it when I purchased. If there is a full disassembly pdf or some other doc, I would love to have that as well. I am needing to re-finish mine in the very near future too. This is very hard to find as I have poked around the Internet for quite some time in the past few months with no luck.

Respectfully,

Wik33

Links