buck mark 22?

This is a discussion on buck mark 22? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I was looking into getting a 22cal. pistol just for target shotting and plinking and I was looking at browning pistols and found one called ...

Thread: buck mark 22?

buck mark 22?

I was looking into getting a 22cal. pistol just for target shotting and plinking and I was looking at browning pistols and found one called a buck marks camper cocobolo UDX. It has a 5 1/2 inch barrel all black with finger groves on the grip and adjustable rear sights and fiber optic front sights the grips are a dark cherry wood looking color looks real nice. MSRP $362. Does that sound good, is browning a good choice? Or should I look around?

2. Remove Ads

I bought a Browning Buck Mark about 20 years ago. I have no idea how many rounds I've put through it. It fires as reliably as the ammo I buy for it. I put an Aimpoint on it and used it for squirrel hunting when I was in college. It was plenty accurate. I have no idea if that is a good price. You could do some comparisons at GunBroker.com.

Got mine in 1985, a first generation gun with the crummy rear sight, for about $150 new. I've run tons of the cheapo milk carton rounds through it, a bunch of CCI Stinger, even shot loads. Absolutley my favorite hangun I own.

I like mine, but I prefer my daughter's Ruger .22-45.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

I have one, new in December '07. The ONLY issue is that mine does not like bulk .22 ammo. After seeing the "bent" condition of the Federal bulk (Walmart), I don't blame the Buckmark for not eating that garbage. Even if it did feed, I sure wouldn't expect that ammo to be accurate. (It wasn't.)

Feed your Buckmark some decent ammo (CCI standard and MiniMag are both good) and you'll be very happy. Also, check out this forum:

Browning - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Thumbs up Recommended!

I bought a Buck Mark Standard Stainless URX(MSRP $419, pictured below) for $240 from auctionarms.com about 8 months ago. I bought it instead of Ruger's MK pistols because Buck Mark had better trigger and felt better in my hands . The trigger is very crisp and clean from the factory but you can do a simple mod - flipping the sear spring and add an overtravel screw to the trigger for a really nice trigger with light 1-2 lb pull(guess) with little creep and no overtravel.

I bought it for cheap shooting and I don't shoot expensive ammo like CCI mini mag. I tried all the bulk ammo from my local Walmart and found that Federal 550 rds bulk pack works best. I had some failures to feed and a couple of stove pipes until it was broken in. After about 300 rds, it's been completely reliable. I've shot about 8,000 rounds so far. I get maybe one dud round(bad primer) out of one Federal 550 rds box.

I have a Millet SP-1 reddot on my Buck Mark and I have no problem hitting inside of a 2" birchwood casey target sticker most of the time at 25 yds two hands standing with the Federal 550 rds bulk ammo.

I have a S&W 22A that shoots federal bulk like it's going out of style,they retail for a little over 200.00
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I have a early model my be late to mid 80's. Let me say I enjoy the gun BUT...
    the front sight has come off more than once the slide lock fell off once and it is very ammo particular. It is very accurate and fun to shot. All my guns get loving care so its not because it has been abused. I have had problems with three different Browing products and am now steering clear just don't get the same quality as some other brands. I will say I have liked all three products except for the problems. Browing has not stood up to any. They all lasted just past the warranty .

All I know about the single bulk 550 box of Federal that I bought at Walmart is that I had probably 4 FTF or FTE per 10-rd magazine. I eventually spilled out some of the box onto a very flat glass countertop. As the bullets rolled around, far too many rolled like a bent axle. Closer exam showed that the bullets were actually crooked in the casing. That was it for me. Since going to CCI, no FTF or FTE at all. That's well over 1000 rounds of perfect performance - well, except for not hitting the bullseye all the time!

Links