Defensive Carry banner

The S&W 8 Shot Personal Defense Revolver

23K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  srfl 
#1 ·
I was searching the web this morning for this particular modestly uncommon revolver.
The S&W Model 657 ~ 8 Shot ~ Short Barrel ~ .357 Magum

For you folks that like moon clip revolvers. :wink:

Anyway I came across this great firearm link. Nice photos here and some interesting commemorative handguns.
CLICK HERE TO SEE NICE WHEELGUN PICS.

See less See more
#6 ·
.357 and moonclips? Doesn't appear enough clearance at rear of cyl' for both cartridge rims as well as moonies.

Chunke lil' fella tho ain't it - I'd like to try one out.

#11 ·
I guess they'd have to do that QK but - still seems an odd combination - rimmed ammo and moonies.

Still - way to go for speedloading I guess :smile:

#16 ·
Euclidean said:
.357 on moonclips is how our old friend Jerry puts 12 shots on target in like 2 seconds, well that and he's the best revolver shooter that has ever existed and probably ever will exist.

I think most of his tricks are now done with a seriously tricked out 625, but I've seen video of him with other models.
I was about to get some moonclips, until I got to the part in bold. :biggrin:

#20 ·
I just traded in a similar version in .45ACP. Its from S&W's Performance Center model 625-10. Six shot scandium frame, stainless barrel and cylinder. They go in the neighborhood of $800 and up. Didn't get the chance to fire it so I can't comment on how it shot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.