Gun Store Idiots

This is a discussion on Gun Store Idiots within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The above is real serious Joe. I'd check to see if the store was a member of the chamber of commerce,NRA,any of the local gun ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gun Store Idiots

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    The above is real serious Joe. I'd check to see if the store was a member of the chamber of commerce,NRA,any of the local gun clubs,any law enforcement assn's,etc. I'd contact them with a really stiff complaint.------

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Free American's Avatar
    We have a guy who runs a gun store buy me who loves to show off how quiet the suppressors make his toys. So he is routinely shooting into a trash can filled with sand...INSIDE THE STORE!
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Previously known as "cjm5874"

I get a kick out of the 300lb Ninjas.
    hey, i resemble that remark.

spacemani'msotacticalithurtsspiff

Assistant Administrator
    Dropped by a discount gun store today (after being weak willed in Gander Mtn!) - bought a reasonable extra mag's pouch - but asked as paying if they had any moonclips for .45acp re a 625 - got a very blank look and that was from the boss!!!

Hmmm - !
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Then there's the fun from the other side of the counter. I get customers swearing that X exists - when I have the Sig catalog in front of me and the company rep on the phone at the time. Then there's the guys who are constantly asking "what does anyone need *that* for?" (pointing at the Barrett or the ARs, or something other than Ma Kettle's hunting rifle).
    Then there's the old dudes coming in looking for a perfect rifle for $50 that must be a pre-64 Winchester in .257 Roberts in mint condition. Requests for certain calibers make me cringe now.

Then there are the people who are flat out amazed that I don't know what they're asking, and I admit it - instead of faking it. Some take it well, others don't. Mostly it's the latter, since I guess they're used to an omnipotent store clerk.
    Driver carries less than $45 worth of remorse.

rfurtkamp if I ever am in your neck of the woods, I'm going to your store and buying SOMETHING, even if it's just a can of CLP.

Quote Originally Posted by Euclidean
    rfurtkamp if I ever am in your neck of the woods, I'm going to your store and buying SOMETHING, even if it's just a can of CLP.

+1 for me.
    "Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

the wife and i were at the local place one day. they had a new guy there and he asked the wife what she was looking for. she said a pistol, so he started showing her .22's and .380's. then the owner came out and told the wife that her gun had come in. when the owner brought out her springer 1911 i thought the new guy was gonna faint. he didn't last long at that store.

Assistant Administrator
    the owner brought out her Springer 1911
    Let's hear it - for a discerning and well decided Mrs Craig

Damn - I love it when these ladies choose good guns.
    Chris - P95

i usually let hubby buy whatever first. i try his.. if i like it i go buy my own. but one thing is different... his are blued usually and mine are stainless ( the shiny factor of course). he just bought a g26 a few weeks ago, so guess what? i did too. the only thing is they are exactly the same. no stainless for glocks, at least not that i have found yet. the only guns that he has that i do not and will not shoot is his 44's. to much for me. mrs craig

Assistant Administrator
    Ahah - mystery solved - so cin is Mrs Craig. Well I say again a very discerning lady!

Unfortunately when you get to Glocks they are Glock color - or Glock color . No stainless yet - or ever I suspect!
    Chris - P95

Senior Moderator
    As for the ladies...

I cant even begin to tell you how many stories that I've heard that dealt with the yahoos at the 3 main gunshops we have in town.

As a CCW instructor, I hear about the shortcomings of the guns store gurus in the question and answer section of the class. One of the biggest gripes that I hear about is that most clerks dont take a women serious and they dont seem to listen to what they say. I can imagine how many sales they've lost just because they talked down to a women and simply didnt show them any common courtesy or proffesionalism.

A few years ago, I started teaching private lessons to anyone that thought they wanted a permit that couldnt attend our normal schedualed classes for some reason or another. Many of my customers are middle aged to older women that arent familiar with guns but are aware enough to feel the need for self protection. I tailor each class to their particular needs and will take however long it takes until they feel comfortable with whatever it is they need to carry. That little bit of extra attention goes a long way. Once I started catering to women, the word of mouth got out and soon I was giving lots of private classes and advice as to what what suitable to carry and what was not. So much so that my gun collection has grown considerably.

I think that its tragic, not only for the woman that are turned OFF by the whole experience, but for the cause itself.

Seems all the gun shops here have gurus of one sort or another. I recently started driving the extra miles Guns and Leather in Greenbriar - that's almost an hour away from here. They have a well lit indoor range, computerized targets, let you shoot at whatever distance you want and offered the CCW class for 1/3 of what the crappy, overpriced local store wanted.

My CCW class had 35 people in it, 7 of which were ladies. I don't totally agree with the instructor's views (he thinks C&L 1911s are unsafe but he's fine with Glocks?) but overall it's a good place to shoot and do business. He seemed to treat the ladies with the same level of respect as the guys, didn't talk down to them or act like they didn't belong there. BTW, at least three of them beat my qualifying score - gotta love a well prepared woman!
    Jack

and on the 2,190,000th day, the decree was made:

Let the Ninjas become Fat!!!
    Attached Images

Geezzz, space man,,, I'm standing down.....
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links