Glock 30 barrel

This is a discussion on Glock 30 barrel within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I like to reload for my .45 ACP, but now I am concerned with the unsupported chamber of the Glock. Does Glock have a .45 ...

Thread: Glock 30 barrel

Glock 30 barrel

I like to reload for my .45 ACP, but now I am concerned with the unsupported chamber of the Glock. Does Glock have a .45 ACP barrel that is fully supported and will fit the G30?
    Think twice
    Buy once!

2. Remove Ads

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong. It's not the Glock chamber. All .40 chambered guns are partially unsupported in a way. The issue as I understand. Is the type of riffling Glock uses. The barrel will lead up easier. Lone Wolf distributors makes good after market barrels for around 100.00$ that eliminate the issue

Storm Lake makes a stainless steel barrel that I believe is fully supported and has broach cut rifling so you can use lead bullets. Their website is Handgun Barrels 1911 Glock Springfield Sig Sauer - The Official Website of Storm Lake Barrels - Available in Canada and USA.
    God bless our troops!

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    There have not been a lot of .45 Kabooms, mostly falls with the .40 as mentioned above. I did blow up my G21 which is a .45, but I was shooting .400 in an aftermarket barrel, It was an overcharged reload. The after market barrels I have don't support much more if any than the original. If you stick with factory jacketed loads, or keep your reloads in check, (I've shot at least 2-3K now) you should be fine.

As to leading, that is also correct, Don't shoot Lead in your Glock barrel.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

Isn't the issue partly due to the .40 Glock barrels and also because .40S&W pressures are higher than .45ACP, in general?

-JT

The first generation Glock 40 had grossly unsupported chambers and were the cause of the great hysteria of unsupported chambers. All Glock chambers since then have tightened up their chamber support.

The truth of the matter is, all firearm chambers are not fully supported. The fully supported chamber is a complete myth. There is no such thing as a fully supported chamber. My .375 H&H Magnum chamber isn't fully supported and it's operating at 65,000psi. Military artillery chambers are not fully supported either.

Shoot as many rounds and as many handload in your stock G30 barrel as you want. Load smart, don't load stupid and you won't have any problems.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    Isn't the issue partly due to the .40 Glock barrels and also because .40S&W pressures are higher than .45ACP, in general?

-JT

I would say that about sums it up. The .40 has the more pronounced lack of support, and probably the highest pressure round regularly used in Glock guns. But still, tons of people use them all the time with no issues.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

The 10mm operates at a higher pressure than the 40. How many G20/20s have issues?
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

VIP Member
    Does Glock have a .45 ACP barrel that is fully supported and will fit the G30?

no, but there are after market barrels available that do

40 and 45 glocks do not have fully supported chambers and they are the ones that have the problems

I just found out that if I want to use my G30 for off-duty carry or if I want a G21 for my duty weapon, I'll have to get a Wilson or other approved replacement barrel
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Again, there is no such thing as fully supported chamber. All firearms have an unsupported chamber. Some are more supported than others.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

well, maybe if you get technical, but there are barrels that most everybody will consider "fully supported" and when comparing them with barrels that arent, you can see why each is deemed what it is.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by apierce918 View Post
    well, maybe if you get technical, but there are barrels that most everybody will consider "fully supported" and when comparing them with barrels that arent, you can see why each is deemed what it is.
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Yeah, relax I keep shooting. Don't worry about it.
    Member: NRA & GSSF
    Glock Certified Armorer
    *Oderint Dum Metuant*
    "You don't shoot to kill.... You shoot to survive."

Links