Gratuitous Buckmark Pic

This is a discussion on Gratuitous Buckmark Pic within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I picked up a 'lightly used' Browning Buckmark today from Moore Outdoors in Smithville, MO (Hi Gary). Been needing a good plinking pistol. I put ...

Thread: Gratuitous Buckmark Pic

Gratuitous Buckmark Pic

I picked up a 'lightly used' Browning Buckmark today from Moore Outdoors in Smithville, MO (Hi Gary). Been needing a good plinking pistol. I put somewhere around 500 rounds through it this afternoon, with 0 failures. Man, I like this little plinker. Bounced empty 12g hulls all around the range :)

That 20 round group was off-hand, from 25 yards. Gun's more than doing it's part, if I could only hold up my end a little better :)
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    I try to enjoy .22 pin shooting and steel - when I can and run a 22/45 myself but - there are some Buckmarks in use too by others and I have been quite impressed with them.

Like with my 22/45 tho - it does IMO pay to deal with crud build-up periodically - mainly cos the messy ol' .22's gradually build up a mix of lube/soot/and unburned powder - which when it gets thick enough can tend to prevent rounds going fully into battery. Then light strike or total misfire.

So - good clean of bolt face - breech face and that recess for extractor claw too. Light grease lube on slide also useful but not too much or that is itself a crud magnet! Bore itself - that needs little or no cleaning IMO.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

This one was dirty as heck when I got it, the allen wrench it came with was still sealed inside the original pakaging. I'd have to assume that the original owner never took it apart. When I was done shooting today, I stripped it down with break free CLP, a stiff brush, and toothpicks. Amazing that it could function 100% with as much gunk build up as it had. Oh, btw, these things are a real PITA to re-assemble! Anyone know the 'trick' to getting the recoil spring assy back in place? I managed to get it right, but it was _not_ easy.

I have a ruger 10/22, and an old POS H&R 9 shot .22 revolver, but this is my first good .22 plinking pistol. So far, I'm happy as I could be!
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

Assistant Administrator
    Recoil spring? No idea but glad you succeeded. The Ruger MkII's and my 22/45 also have their own fun and games on reassembly - tho with practice it does get easier!

Keep that fella clean enough and you will have hours of great fun - sometimes ammo choice matters and tho my 22/45 will eat cheap bulk Fed most of time - for pin shooting I find Fed Champion works great - and that ain't too much pricier.

How else can we have a long session of cheap and joyeous plinking than with a fun .22 semi - it takes some beating.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Catn help ya on recoil spring good looking piece thoug

Lead Moderator
    I have a Buckmark as well. Good shooter and accurate. If you disassemble the top strap rear sight make sure to use locktite or fresh locking washers to keep the screws tight. Otherwise they will work loose and cause FTF , light fire pin strikes on the edge of the rim. As for the spring, I put the slide on the gun then install the spring, guide assembly. Hope this helps.

Links