S&B 9mm sux!!!

This is a discussion on S&B 9mm sux!!! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well - had a meeting at club this evening so took SIG along to run some rounds thru. remember - it was now clean, re-lubed ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: S&B 9mm sux!!!

Assistant Administrator

Update

Well - had a meeting at club this evening so took SIG along to run some rounds thru. remember - it was now clean, re-lubed but with, as I could still detect, some apparently excessive (IMO) resistance from slide.

I know the S&B is somewhat vindicated as SW99 and P95 both ate it easily - but anways - just took two loaded mags with me using S&B. First mag (a 10) - third shot - bad feed - round tipped right up and jammed. This failure means mag out to clear. IIRC one more jam in that mag - last round.

Other mag was a 20 with 15 rounds - that rattled thru pretty well but still had one bad feed.

So - it is better that's for sure and will I know eat up +P all day long. But unsure whether yet to go to all hassle of sending back yet - or just run the heck out of it some more. I have yet to add some polishing to feed ramp but that really is not an issue here I feel.

I have SIG's # somewhere so may just call them as next step.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    Further update -

Had a good chat with a guy at SIG - he certainly agreed that from their perspective S&B was not a favored ammo at all - many prob's leading back to it.

He could not really help re this apparent feeling of slide tightness I detected - tho to be honest I really don't remember early on how tight it felt. Logically, there really is nothing happened to the gun to make for a tightening. He reckoned for now - break it in further, another 200 - 300 rounds probably of decent US ammo and see where we go.

This is about my thinking - as I am loathe to send it back unless really needed. So - carry will be SW99 just for now and soon as I can - run a boat load of ammo thru and re-assess. As I keep saying - +P runs 100% - not a problem at all - but just need to regain confidence when running std pressure..
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Well if sig says have at it then have at it

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links