#1 ·
Well ill start off with handguns

Glock 36

Couldnt hit broad side of barn with it

SIg 229 357 sig

Countrols were to unfriendly for a lefty for carry to far off rest of my guns

Smith Wesson 1911SC

Tore its self apart by 400 rounds

Didnt really buy it alone but was part of a deal for a couple gun a llama Super Commanche 44 cant get rid of this thing

Other than that i think thats it

No rifles i regret yet

#5 ·
No really major regrets - tho my Para P12-45 is still somewhat of a disappointment - maybe one day I'll make it run right.

I got a cheapie Hi-Point carbine ages ago from a gun show and tho folks seem to like them - I hate this one. Made up for that by getting a few other pistol cal carbines! :wink:

Didn't quite regret buying a P3AT but was not over enamored - it's gone now.

Pretty much everything else I love!!!

#6 ·
Regret getting the Mauser HSc .380. My very first semi...back in my PI days. Darn thing hurts my trigger finger every time I shoot it. Have never really figured out what's going on there. But, it's a sentimental piece and I just can't part with it.....well, maybe for a PPK! :tongue:

#8 ·
I have several that I bought and enjoyed but ended up buying something I liked better and that I should have bought in the first place. Now I rarely shoot some of the stuff that I have.

I have a NEF .45-70 Handi Rifle that I should probably sell as I will probably never use it for anything but taking up space in the gun locker. It's a nice rifle, but I just don't know when I'd ever use it and would like to have the money to spend on something I'd shoot more.

I have a Yugo SKS that I have yet to degoop. I bought it on a whim, and now I'd like to have to the money for something else.

I have amassed several .22 bottom feeders. I have one that I will never willingly part with (target use). I have two others that both serve pretty much the same function as the other (plinking/instructing). I should sell one of them, but I can't decide which one to sell.

I bought a Remington 1100 Synthetic and then turned around and bought a DeHaan U1 for skeet/sporting clays. I should have just bought one or the other, but I hang on to both of them. I shoot the U1 more at the club, but I just can't bring myself to sell the 1100 even though I could get my money back out of it easily.

#9 ·
A Para P12 Ejected into my forehead with every shot. Ran hot and the barrel lug was unreasonably tight. Gone.

S&W 5906. Five different shooters could not get this gun to shoot. It was the wife's first gun. It's a wonder she kept with shooting after the experience. Gone.

After going through 60+ guns you are bound to have one or two you aren't happy with.

-Scott-

#10 ·
Oh my - that reminds me - one other. I used to do some skeet and trap with my son - still do but very rarely now. I bought a very lovely Browning Citori Hunter from his step uncle and loved that gun.

However - after quite some time of little use thought that $700 or so was better recouped - and things were a tad skinny at the time. I miss that shottie and replaced it with a Baikal - which ain't bad value but not the same.

Good side of all that tho was - Citori was on consignment and it went eventually - return to me was $650. Day I went in for check - saw my M27-2 under the counter. $400 out the door and it had a box too - so - oh well - pocket suffered but I got my M27. No regrets on that one.

#13 ·
My second Steyr M40....it's extractor is fairly unreliable....I hope Steyr starts getting parts back into the US so I can get this gun fixed.

My second HK P9S 9mm....accurate when it shoots, but someone replaced the bolt assembly with one that is not matched to the gun....as a result, the rounds don't chamber. Spare parts are hard to come by and when they do, expensive in this no longer made gun.

#14 ·
An Astra model 80 in 45ACP. The gun shot fine except from the factory the fixed sights shot 6" low and 10 yards. I also learned that I didn't like handling of it and the way it fit my hand. I sold it two weeks after I bought it for $25 less than I paid for it. I then immediately bought the S&W mod 686 that Chris (P95 Carry) now owns.

#16 ·
I sorta kinda regret my Mosin a little bit sometimes but not a whole lot. The only thing I don't like is having to order ammunition or get it from gun shows, but I don't regret it very much. It's not like it's very expensive and it does fill a niche for a more powerful centerfire rifle in my collection.

If there's ever a point where the huge supply of cheap Mosins dries up, I might sell it.

I think if I can ever get this reloading thing off the ground and start reloading the ammunition for it, I'll enjoy it more because I will be able to have ammunition at my convenience.

#19 ·
Back in the mide early 90's I was traveling alot when I was dating my wife. It was just me and dad at home and things were rough. My brother was away in college and my mom and dad had just divorced and mom was in GA. Well, I had decided to leave school for the USAF, and while I waited to get in on the dreaded delayed entry program. I bought a (drum roll , please readers please don't shoot at or make fun of old lion on this one) Lorcin . 380 this was the first real handgun I had handled. Well once I got out of the service this pistol was made unserviceable and I kept the slide as a keep sake. I hate I bought that thing, but it was good first gun I ever shot. I bought the pistol because as dad and I both struggled it was times when we had no lights only candles and the house was huge it provided protection because dad worked late nights and when I got home from bagging groceries I was in a dark house most of the time. Thank you Uncle Sam for all you have done to help wayward young men and women as myself. Hoorah.... :cool:

#20 ·
Interarms Walther PPK/S - stovepipes, roiugh checkering on grips murdered my hands, ejector cracked and locked the slide up tight.

Para Ordnance C6.45 LDA - numerous problems, the last being the guide rod assembly breaking and shooting out the front while shooting.

#21 ·
CZ 52 pistol in 7.62X25 - not expensive, but the recoil is very snappy, the trigger is heavy & gritty, the sights are tiny, can't dry fire it, ammo is hard to get, and the hold open mechanism doesn't.

Norinco SKS - again, not expensive, but the trigger is worse than the CZ 52, I had to clean more grease off & out of it than goes into my car, and you don't get groups at 100 yards, you get shotgun patterns. At least the ammo is cheap. Thinking about mounting a red dot on it and relegating it to a home defense gun.

#23 ·
AMT in 45ACP. Tiny little pocket pistol in a not so tiny caliber. Trigger pull was about 16lbs and couldn't be lightened. kicked like a darn mule because the pistol had no mass. Like shooting from a pair of pliers.

SIG 228 in 9mm. I'm a lefty and the ergos are completely wrong for me.

#24 ·
QKShooter said:
You might try sending off an E-mail directly to Steyr & see if they can send you out an extractor. E-mail them at:

office@steyr-mannlicher.com
This gun is on it's second extractor....I'm waiting for Steyr to get it's U.S. distributor/parts situation rectified and purchase A1-series extractors...they are supposed to fit the M & S series and are a marked improvement according to M40A1 owners over on Steyrclub.com.

The extractors are the perhaps the weakest link in that otherwise fine, first generation Steyr polymer pistol...my M357 also has a bad extractor.

Thanks for the suggestion QKS!

#25 ·
In about 1997 I bought a NEF heavy bbl in .22-250. What a POS. It shot 3-4" at 100 yds.on a good day. I wanted a throw in the truck weapon for yotes on roads and clear cuts.I tried to get away cheep and it cost me.--- A Spanish FR-7. It was a rebbl.in .308 win. Another POS. And several others that were not important enough to me to even remember how bad they were. I have surely had my share of brain farts over the years.-----Oh,and some kind of el cheepo derringer.----

#26 ·
I've never had one that I regretted buying, although I've had several that I didn't keep for very long simply because I either saw a better deal or the opportunity to make a little money by selling them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.