Bullet holes in the ceiling!!!!

This is a discussion on Bullet holes in the ceiling!!!! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have noticed at several ranges I go to there seems to be bullet holes in the ceiling just in front of the shooters lane. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bullet holes in the ceiling!!!!

I have noticed at several ranges I go to there seems to be bullet holes in the ceiling just in front of the shooters lane. Am I seeing things or is someone doing a Dirty Harry and the gun goes off too soon. I actually saw it happen once and we left the range till this shooter left. Let me know what you think.

Typical. I use the indoor range a few times a year being logistically minded. One never seems to be there when things like this happen, but we can always stand and stare in amazement and wonder how.......could such things happen?

Years ago we installed .22 holes in our roof at deer camp(nothing around for miles).
    New roof was on the way. We would hear them(rats) scurry across the drop in ceiling and took a couple shots, and can you believe we missed
    On a more positive note there may have been one or... one safety rule we didn't break Memories
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I remember one time inthe service we carried S&W mod 15 .38 spc revolvers and we were on the range qualifying,on command we had to drop to prone position and fire 6 rounds DA at 25 yards when I hit prone my wrist hit the baseboard causing my finger to jerk the trigger and I shot the railroad tie baffle about 10 feet in front overhead
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Friend o mine has a bullet hole in his ceiling!
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

I watched a guy I know drop a flourescent tube across the target retrieval system once. I laughed my butt off!
    Last edited by pgrass101; June 11th, 2008 at 09:55 AM. Reason: reworded to remove language
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Bullet holes in the ceiling at a gun range? Some stupid idiots think it's funny to shoot the target frames, ceilings, and so on. I'll tell you who thinks it's not at all funny, it's the management of the gun range.

I volunteer at a gun range. Almost all the people who come to the range are great, respect the facility, and have a good time. But there are always a few who cause problems and cost the range a lot of money in repairs. Those who do that, and those who are amused by that, ought to be ashamed.
    Last edited by UtahRSO; June 11th, 2008 at 02:12 AM. Reason: Expressing rage in an acceptable way.
    "None who have always been free can understand
    the terrible fascinating power of the hope of freedom
    to those who are not free."

Some of the people that i've seen shoot in the Navy....well let's just say they scare me.
    "It is better to live one day as a lion than a hundred years as a sheep."
    - Italian proverb

There's not a range facility in or outdoor that I've been to without a few misplaced shots where they shouldn't be. Many of them are due to a shooter not following at least one of the four safty rules. The few who purposly destroy facility equipment maliciously, should be more than just ashamed.
    Last edited by goldshellback; June 11th, 2008 at 08:39 AM.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Senior Moderator
    There's not a range facility in or outdoor without a few misplaced shots where they shouldn't be.
    Wrong.
    My range does not.

Yet.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Wrong.
    My range does not.

Yet.
    Haven't been to your range..........yet.

I based that statement on what I've seen and experienced and communicated that poorly...........my bad.

Can I come and shoot at your range?
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Senior Moderator
    Can I come and shoot at your range?
    Anytime.

If you shoot a hole in the roof though...you'll be banned for life...after you are severely beaten.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Ex Member Array TacticalCompact's Avatar
    There are 2 indoor ranges I have gone to here. One, the ceiling is like swiss-cheese. They rent a lot to foreigners, and are a bit of a tourist attraction as we are in Las Vegas. The place is a mess. They give the tourist the gun, tell them how it works, then send them on their way.

The other has no holes anywhere. They charge $25 per hole, and make you sign a very good, easy to understand "fill in the blanks" type of agreement. When they rent to a tourist, they send a dedicated range officer in WITH them to supervise closely.

Hell, when I and 3 other locals went in, they also sent in a range officer to monitor US closely as well. Needless to say I prefer this range. The first one has holes IN THE DIVIDERS BETWEEN LANES!!!

I've seen them too. Holes in the ceilings. Holes in the floors. Holes in the partitions between the lanes.

I'll tell you though...It's not so much the holes in the ceiling that gets me, but rather that feeling that follows that evil "ping" sound when some dummy hits the steel target carrier and you just know whatever is left of that round is possibly coming back at you.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    I've seen them too. Holes in the ceilings. Holes in the floors. Holes in the partitions between the lanes.

I'll tell you though...It's not so much the holes in the ceiling that gets me, but rather that feeling that follows that evil "ping" sound when some dummy hits the steel target carrier and you just know whatever is left of that round is possibly coming back at you.

You can say that! At a public range near me and pair of shooters on a single lane did it several times - ping, the round makes a 90 degree deflection and goes into the side wall. I walked off the range after the 2nd time.

Its pretty common someone rents a gun or buys a gun that is too much for their experience level. Rapid fire, muzzle starts to rise, grip the gun harder with finger still on trigger, and walla, hole in the ceiling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links