Open Carry?

Open Carry?

This is a discussion on Open Carry? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Does anyone do this? I was just curious as to some of your thoughts on the subject. Like when/where it is appropriate, when/where it might ...

Thread: Open Carry?

Open Carry?

Does anyone do this? I was just curious as to some of your thoughts on the subject. Like when/where it is appropriate, when/where it might not be appropriate. Also maybe important things to consider when open carrying?

I see people do it occasionally, but I guess I just don't really know much about it. I've thought about doing it myself, but am kind of concerned about freaking people out and what some of the negatives could be.
    Glock 19

Lemme say this first......this is a concealed carry forum and the mods want it kept to that subject matter. Not 'flaming' you, that just the culture of this forum.

I'll jump at the question though...... I very rarely open carry, concealed is concealed, I just want it my business that I'm armed and nobody else's. I have open carried, it's legal in Ga., but mostly it's on range days and I was just too lazy to put my sidearm back in it's concealment holster or I'm out and about in woods doing whatever and keeping my 'snake charmer' openly carried is just more comfortable.

Otherwise I keep my sidearm concealed and my business alone.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Senior Moderator
    Going to put the stopper on this one here, as history tells us where it is likely to go.....
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Sponsored Links