On Horizon

This is a discussion on On Horizon within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This morning as I got ready for school I saw on the news where a bad guy decided to kick in a home owners door. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On Horizon

On Horizon

This morning as I got ready for school I saw on the news where a bad guy decided to kick in a home owners door. Well, a couple of rounds ushered back out the same way he came in. The dummy then had someone take him to the hospital for help. The news said the home owner fired several shots at only hitting the crook once. I guess he does not frequent our site. Secondly, A 70 year old lady was having her stove repaired and the repairman was there when a knock came at the door she cracked the door and two men came in with machetes. They robbed her and the repairman. People, this Christmas will be bad because have had two hurricanes, jobs are still low and gas is high. I think we should be even more vigilant. Hey friends be safe out there now..
    Last edited by QKShooter; November 4th, 2005 at 07:18 PM. Reason: correct minor typo ~ missing word :~)
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

2. Remove Ads

Can ya tell they didnt run into this repair man at the old ladys house?

Most bad guys don't expect for you to be armed, and the truth is most of them have very little serious gun experience or training. So, they are scared and using the piece just for scare tatics. However, anybody that frequents this sight will probably never think twice about squeezing. It's a bad world we live in and it is not getting better.
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

Administrator

Good Thread BlueLion

Thanks for posting it.
    The world really is not getting any safer.
    The Bad Guys have had a Free Ride for too long & they are getting bolder & more brazen with each passing day.
    Also...The Crack Cocaine has a lot to do with it also since it's more addictive than Heroin.
    The addicts need it & will do anything to get it.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Assistant Administrator
    Local paper today referred to a court case - re a 22 yr old guy from Johnstown who stabbed a 41 yr old Brit immigrant - who died.

The older guy was (foolishly really) walking down a dark alley and this perp stabbed him just to get money for his girlfriend's crack problem. He was quoted as saying in the bar he was in, before the event - ''something bad is gonna go down''. It did.

Had this Brit guy been armed and alert this could have been way different - tho as said - he was foolish to risk a dark alley late at night.

There is always potential for ''things'' - anytime, anywhere - even round my area of late there have been more break-ins than usual. I try to not let my guard down any time.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Let us not get lulled into thinking that most BG's don't have the training, skill or drive that we do. We must assume and train for an attack from the worst possible person that is capable.

Don't underestimate the enemy and if they start it, finish it in spades.
    Seek safety at the heart of danger.

Live Easy, Die Hard

1952 - 2006
    Well said Q-ball. +1
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

OD*
    Very well said Q-ball.

Let's not forget Platt & Matix.
    Last edited by OD*; November 5th, 2005 at 10:16 AM.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Exclamation THUGS don't TRAIN

Quote Originally Posted by BlueLion
    Most bad guys don't expect for you to be armed, and the truth is most of them have very little serious gun experience or training. So, they are scared and using the piece just for scare tatics. However, anybody that frequents this sight will probably never think twice about squeezing. It's a bad world we live in and it is not getting better.
    As a former State of Florida Probation and Parole Officer, I have a bit of experience in dealing with BG's on a personal level. I talked to them everyday and quite often was able to lure them into discussions that dealt with their ummmm business. They were almost always eager to brag, until they remembered the fact that I was their P.O. and that meant they'd been busted.

Almost always at the street thug level (not speaking of pro ripoff artists here!) they see themselves as predators. Ultimate badasses whom none of the sheep would dare challenge. They think the cops will have to at least make the attempt to arrest them and they'll go along quietly...because a little rest time in the graybar hotel is the cost of doing business, right? Three hots and a cot is the way they look at the prospect. When Florida passed it's CCW Laws, many got quite nervous. That's an understatement. Witness the fact that in the first year after it's passage, violent crime in this state dropped 24% while it rose in other parts of the country.

Thugs don't train. Sometimes.....rarely....the pro's train. Not usually formally, but you'd have to think that prisons are the ultimate mutual training ground. I've seen prison videos taken from concealed cameras that show convicts teaching each other disarm techniques to use on cops. But those are the hardened pros. Punks are too stupid. I know, I see them in my classroom every day.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

OD*
    Personally, I'll train with the belief they do have some combative skills, rather than mistakenly assume they don't.

~ Tiger McKee

Lightbulb I never assume

Quote Originally Posted by OD
    Personally, I'll train with the belief they do have some combative skills, rather than mistakenly assume they don't.
    I train to deal with those hardened old pros, and the punk will be easier to dissuade. Regardless, the punks have the same sixth sense of survival wherein they seem to know who not to mess with. It's US who have to develop the ability to spot them first.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Assistant Administrator
    OD, Ex - me too. While one of my motto's is don't assume - I do make an assumption that any BG I might meet is GOOD - really good.

Put the other way perhaps - never make any assumption that opposition is incompetent or untrained - assume the worst shall we say - has to be only way to go.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Otoh...

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    OD, Ex - me too. While one of my motto's is don't assume - I do make an assumption that any BG I might meet is GOOD - really good.

Put the other way perhaps - never make any assumption that opposition is incompetent or untrained - assume the worst shall we say - has to be only way to go.
    If I thought every BG (or any of them) were former Delta Force Operators, I'd go live in France....

DC Founder
    With the Christmas season coming I will have to repost what happened a couple of years back as I left Home Depot. It was the only time I have actually drawn on a BG, as a civilian. Christmas always brings them out in droves....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

OD*
    Would love to hear it, Bumper.

~ Tiger McKee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links