Holster etiquette - Page 2

Holster etiquette

This is a discussion on Holster etiquette within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Since we all know guns kill alot of people, I am now starting to worry about my shotgun in my closet deciding it wants to ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Holster etiquette

Since we all know guns kill alot of people, I am now starting to worry about my shotgun in my closet deciding it wants to shoot someone(hehe)
    Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company.- George Washington
    Serving Since 1985- "Airborne"

The weapon was a Sig P229R-DAK chambered in .40 S&W. The holster was probably a safariland 6000. The purpose of the drop holster is not to look or be tacti-cool. Regular duty holsters on the belt ride at the botton of the PFD(lifejacket) so its just a comfort/accesability issue.-Jay

Admopistrator
    That is very true. Coolness has nothing to do with it.

"The purpose of the drop holster is not to look or be tacti-cool. Regular duty holsters on the belt ride at the botton of the PFD(lifejacket) so its just a comfort/accesability issue.-Jay"
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member
    Just think of all those fanny pacs out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Rogers View Post
    The weapon was a Sig P229R-DAK chambered in .40 S&W. The holster was probably a safariland 6000. The purpose of the drop holster is not to look or be tacti-cool. Regular duty holsters on the belt ride at the botton of the PFD(lifejacket) so its just a comfort/accesability issue.-Jay
    We have been issued the Safariland 6000-something holster with our duty M-9s. You're right, it has nothing to do with looks. It's all about ease of draw and accessibility. Most will find it hard to draw from a seated-in-the-car position whereas it's not that hard to draw from a drop leg holster. That said, in the course of my duties as an AF SP, I've never had to draw my pistol unless it was for turn-in or at the range. I prefer the dropleg setup until it comes time to give chase to a suspect. Then, they suck.

i think that drop holster looks like this

Criminals Prefer Unarmed Victims

This is exactly what we are issued, except for a M-9 Beretta of course.
    Linky

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Properly holstered firearm. No Problem.

I've said this on DC several times before.

When you have your firearm holstered muzzle down at the waist...do you ever walk around on the second floor of your house?

If you do then your muzzle could be pointed right at the tops of the heads of the people walking around on the first floor below you.

Since most average construction homes will not even come close to stopping a bullet do you feel that you are NOT endangering the lives of the people on the floor below you just because you can't actually see them?

If your properly functioning firearm is properly holstered don't fidget with it - leave it alone - and don't be concerned about it.

The muzzle rule is not applicable to properly holstered firearms.

If your holstered firearm was sitting on the coffee table in front of you - would you never walk in front of it because you were afraid it was going to shoot you all by itself?

Of course you would walk in front of it. It's no less safe just because it's attached to your body.
    Very well said.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links