My .02 on HK P7

My .02 on HK P7

This is a discussion on My .02 on HK P7 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well I'm long-winded so it may be closer to $2. I know there is plenty of info out there on this pistol but you can ...

Thread: My .02 on HK P7

My .02 on HK P7

Well I'm long-winded so it may be closer to $2. I know there is plenty of info out there on this pistol but you can check out my take on it at Firearms & Related Items

Just follow the proper link under "Firearm Reviews".

Does anyone know where I might acquire a gas tube scraping tool for this thing? My searches have proven fruitless.

JD
    Administrator
    That's a pretty good write up.

As far as:

....let me qualify this a bit. Holsters are hard to come by for this pistol, especially for less than $100 dollars. The only one I have bought is a Don Hume J.I.T Slide (see photo). I'm sure if I were to invest in a rig by Del Fatti or a similar outfit the P7 would carry better. At this point I carry other pistols more and I'm just not willing to invest that much.
    That's simply not true, I've got two holsters for my PSP, both cost under $70.

My UBG Canute:

And my El Paso Dual Slot OWB, well that one retails for $85, but I got a good deal.

The following holster makers carry holsters for the PSP under $100.

K&D
    UBG
    Boom-Stick
    Haugen
    HBE
    TT Gunleather.

I was just thinking that I need to do a write up on mine, I love it, I've found that's it's the perfect car gun if you spend lots of time in a vehicle, the short OAL and short height make it very comfortable to carry OWB or IWB when seated for long periods of time.

My only real issues with it are the finish, mine's a B grade, and I all ready need to get it refinished, especially if I'm going to be carrying it more than I all ready have been.

The other is that shooting weak hand only, I pull my shots way right due to the tension needed to deactivate the cocking lever, but more range time and wrist curls should fix that.

Senior Moderator
    I like the P7. I've only ever shot my husband's (or does that make it "ours" lol) and I've found it to be a good shooter.

You do have to have pretty decent hand strength if you are going to put multiple rounds through it though because if you don't you'll start to get a few muscle tremors from holding in the squeeze-cocker.

I also like the fact that no one else knows quite what to do with it unless they've been properly introduced.

I handed a P7 to one of my colleagues (and mind you, he works in a gun store with me) and said, "Okay... Dry fire this for me."

He checked to see that it was unloaded, racked the slide and it stuck open. He looked all over for a "slide release" and, of course, finding none, looked at me with a very big question mark on his face.

I told him to squeeze the squeeze-cocker. He did but immediately released it, the slide fell, he pulled the trigger and, of course, nothing happened.

He looked around for a safety.. Didn't find one, looked back at me and said, "I racked the slide, didn't that cock it?"

"Nope," I said, "It's a squeeze-cocker. You need to squeeze that lever in the front."

He squeezed it once, let it go and then pulled the trigger.

Of course, nothing happened.

"I did what you told me to! What's the deal."

I had to explain to him that you need to do that EVERY time and hold it through the shot.

It still took him about three more tries before he got it right and it did sort of warm my heart to know that if my husband ever gets knocked out and someone takes his gun he'll probably wake up a good two hours before the attacker even BEGINS to understand how the HECK to make that gun work..lol

Nice trick you played on him.

If you like feeling superior in gun knowledge that is. :)
    Perhaps your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    I like the P7. I've only ever shot my husband's (or does that make it "ours" lol) and I've found it to be a good shooter.

You do have to have pretty decent hand strength if you are going to put multiple rounds through it though because if you don't you'll start to get a few muscle tremors from holding in the squeeze-cocker.

I also like the fact that no one else knows quite what to do with it unless they've been properly introduced.

I handed a P7 to one of my colleagues (and mind you, he works in a gun store with me) and said, "Okay... Dry fire this for me."

He checked to see that it was unloaded, racked the slide and it stuck open. He looked all over for a "slide release" and, of course, finding none, looked at me with a very big question mark on his face.

I told him to squeeze the squeeze-cocker. He did but immediately released it, the slide fell, he pulled the trigger and, of course, nothing happened.

He looked around for a safety.. Didn't find one, looked back at me and said, "I racked the slide, didn't that cock it?"

"Nope," I said, "It's a squeeze-cocker. You need to squeeze that lever in the front."

He squeezed it once, let it go and then pulled the trigger.

Of course, nothing happened.

"I did what you told me to! What's the deal."

I had to explain to him that you need to do that EVERY time and hold it through the shot.

It still took him about three more tries before he got it right and it did sort of warm my heart to know that if my husband ever gets knocked out and someone takes his gun he'll probably wake up a good two hours before the attacker even BEGINS to understand how the HECK to make that gun work..lol
    Actually might be the perfect carry gun for somebody ain't got a clue to try to disarm and shoot you before you get your BUG into action
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Skygod View Post
    Nice trick you played on him.

If you like feeling superior in gun knowledge that is. :)
    LOL.. I was introduced to the P7 in a similar fashion.. Not to mention my "crash course" on reassembling the Ruger MK I. A lot of people got a good laugh watching me try to put that thing back together.

We have a good time.

When you're the only girl working in a men's world you have to learn how to give it back when and where you can.

Links