Taurus 1911 Recommendation?

This is a discussion on Taurus 1911 Recommendation? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by SIXTO To each his own. +1. Hey Jd since you have that great Baer how bout selling that Springfield to some of ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Taurus 1911 Recommendation?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    To each his own.
    +1.

Hey Jd since you have that great Baer how bout selling that Springfield to some of us poor guys.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

2. Remove Ads

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    +1.

Hey Jd since you have that great Baer how bout selling that Springfield to some of us poor guys.
    Not a chance, this thing is just too dang smooth, I found it on a heck of a deal on consignment and is one of my favorites for range use / back up case anything happens to the Baer.

It beats the socks off all the Kimbers I've had, smokes my Colt hands down, and only looses out to the Baer on features.

That and it was my first "real" 1911 after owning several double stack Paras.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Not a chance, this thing is just too dang smooth, I found it on a heck of a deal on consignment and is one of my favorites for range use / back up case anything happens to the Baer.

It beats the socks off all the Kimbers I've had, smokes my Colt hands down, and only looses out to the Baer on features.

That and it was my first "real" 1911 after owning several double stack Paras.
    Well if diapers and formula start getting too pricey for ya you know where to go if you need some cash.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

JD
    Administrator
    In order to preserve the integrity of this thread, I will not reply as this would most likely cause issues and I wouldn't like to be the cause that get's this thread locked.

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Vernonator, may I ask when you bought it? I'm just curious as I've noticed the price range going up closer to $600+ in the last year. When they first hit the market $480-$550 was the average I was seeing locally.

GunsAmerica shows the highest price for a standard PT1911 @ $689 before shipping and transfer.

After shipping and transfer, that would put you in the price range of a Springfield Loaded, or lower/mid tier Kimber IF a PT1911 wasn't available locally

Price also depends on region, cost varies from place to place.

And not that it matters but I paid $450 for my Springfield Loaded.
    Just an FYI - I bought my PT1911 w/ night sights in February of this year for $475 - including shipping from sales@southeasternguncompany.com. The local shop two blocks from my office had the exact same pistol for $660. The other shop in town charged me $25 to receive, so my net-out-the-door cost was exactly $110 more than my mil-spec Rock Island 1911. BTW - Bud's has the PT1911 (no night sights) for $505, shipping included. Even though my Rock has just undergone a face lift (trigger, combat hammer, beavertail, sights) I'm keeping my eyes open for a loaded Springfield as my next purchase - if I can find a good deal on one. That is, of course, after I help my eldest son buy his first pistol.
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

My PT1911 is a great shooter. It has earned the honor of being my current carry gun.
    Michigan Gun Owner
    Michigan CPL Holder
    Proud Member of The NRA

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links