The Appleseed Project

The Appleseed Project

This is a discussion on The Appleseed Project within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The Appleseed Project is dedicated to the teaching and preservation of rifle marksmanship skills, along the lines of "A Nation Of Riflemen". I know some ...

Thread: The Appleseed Project

1943 - 2009

The Appleseed Project

The Appleseed Project is dedicated to the teaching and preservation of rifle marksmanship skills, along the lines of "A Nation Of Riflemen".

I know some of our members are familiar with this program but I don't believe the web site has been posted before.

The Appleseed Project

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Just a bump... and an endorsement. Great program.

I took my little girl to one last fall, by noon on Sunday, my 15 year old daughter was out shooting me. She didn't have 20 years worth of bad habits, and didn't have the spare tire 'round the middle preventing her from achieving picture perfect seated and prone positions.

We managed to make another shoot this spring, even brought along another of my daughters, and there'll be four of us at the Osage Beach shoot in October.

Don't worry about your current skill level, equipment, or anything else... just get up off the couch, grab a rifle, and get there!
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

I took the classes last year when I became a gun owner. It was a blast (literally and figuratively). I started shooting much better after it, however it went down hill shortly after once the winter came and I stopped shooting. Taking another one in a few weeks and can't wait!
    Criminals For Gun Control
    Brady's Campaign Pro-Gun Forum

Member: NRA, PG-NH, GO-NH
    Life Member: JPFO, GOA
    Clubs: LF&GC

I have always wanted to attend one of these events, but always missed due to scheduling. The next one in this area is November and planning from now to see if I can make it.

SY

I'd never heard of this program before seeing this thread yesterday.

Last night I reviewed the sites main page and an hour later I wound up reading the whole site, and was sold.
    This morning I sent an e-mail to one of the host sites near me asking some questions that were not covered at the AS site. That persons responded to my query within an hour (!).

Today I am registered. :)

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Senior Moderator
    Yes I would like to attend one some day.
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    Today I am registered. :)

- Janq
    Congrats, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I've been to several, and have yet to meet anyone who didn't learn something, and have a good time in the process. Even under less than ideal conditions, rain, cold, wind, heat... people still manage to have a good time.

Don't worry too much about the type of rifle you bring. A semi-auto, removable magazine rifle with a good web sling and click adjustable peep sights is ideal, but whatever you have will do. If there's one feature I would recommend more than any other, it's a good web sling.

Enjoy yourself, and give us your opinion after the event!
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

Sponsored Links